The latest addition to Canon’s mono, all-in-one i-Sensys laser printer range, the MF4690PL offers print, copy, scan and fax capability, with built-in networking and secure operations in a compact design.
The printer is optimised for networked workgroups with a number of important features:
* Print, copy, fax and scan capability;
* Automatic duplex printing;
* Super G3 fax modem;
* Send functionality: scan documents direct to fax, e-mail, network or a USB memory device;
* Built-in network interface with RUI (Remote User Interface);
* UFR II LT, PCL 5e and PCL 6 printer languages;
* 1200 x 600dpi professional prints;
* 8.5 second First Copy Out Time; and Quick First-Print with virtually zero warm-up time; and
* Mac and Windows compatible.
“Our new mono i-SENSYS printer is optimised for those companies that require network capability coupled with fast and high-quality printing. Users will find that the printer has loads of features, despite its compact design,” says Michelle Janse van Vuuren, general manager: marketing at Canon Consumer Imaging SA.
The printers’ PCL 5e and PCL 6 capability, for example, allows it to integrate into existing PCL printing environments. 128MB of RAM (as standard) also allows for fast processing. The MF4690PL is Mac and Windows compatible which includes support for Mac OS X 10.2.8 or above and Windows Vista.
The MF4690PL’s SEND technology – previously only available on Canon’s high-end iR series MFPs – enables the scanning of documents direct to e-mail or network (SMB) and even USB memory devices. SEND is capable of producing highly compressed files without compromising on quality.
Lastly, the MF4690PL uses Departmental ID management to protect sensitive information and control costs. The MF4690PL also adds secure faxing, preventing unauthorised use and access to the address book.