HP yesterday launched the new range of multifunction printers (MFP) to the local market. The company also unveiled ink-based colour multifunction printers (MFP) for departmental use.
The new HP CM8060/CM8050 Colour MFPs are built with HP Edgeline Technology, a powerful new printing engine which leverages HP’s $1,4 -illion investment in Scalable Printing Technology (SPT). Enabling SMME and big companies to improve productivity and control operating costs, these MFPs for high-volume office document workloads deliver a powerful combination of features addressing key end-user needs such as high-speed performance, best-in-class operating costs, best-in-class reliability, excellent output quality, and intuitive usability.
HP is aiming to deliver more value to customers and capture a significant portion of the $147-billion enterprise printing market, where the digital content explosion has led to a paper-process dominated environment in which printing costs have grown and workflows have become unmanageable for many. Today’s introductions are designed to give business customers the tools they need to optimise their printing infrastructure, better manage their printing environment and improve information workflows.
“We’ve made significant investments to understand the challenges that businesses face today, such as navigating through the explosion of digital content while paper processes still dominate and managing costs while improving productivity,” says d Val Watt, commercial value product manager: Imaging and Printing Group HP SA.
HP also announced HP Web Jetadmin 10.0, a major upgrade to the industry’s leading imaging and printing fleet management software solution. HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 now boasts enhanced security, improved support with Active Directory Services and a more intuitive user interface.
Also new, the HP Universal Print Driver 4.0 for Windows is now compatible with Windows Vista, provides plug and play capability for both networked and direct-connected HP devices, and ease-of-use for mobile workers.
The new HP CM8060 and CM8050 Color MFPs with Edgeline Technology help customers improve productivity, control expenses, and achieve unprecedented performance and print quality. The combined market opportunity for HP Edgeline Technology will be more than $30-billion by 2009, a first-of-its-kind, ink-based MFP designed exclusively to handle high-volume workloads with the combined benefits of ink and laser in a single device.
For flexibility, the HP CM8060 Color MFP and the HP CM8050 Color MFP share all features in common, except that the HP CM8060 Color MFP prints at an accelerated rate – up to 60ppm black and white and 50ppm colour – while the HP CM8050 Color MFP prints at 50ppm black and white and 40ppm colour on plain papers.
The HP CM8060/CM8050 Color MFPs with Edgeline Technology also feature:
* HP Easy Select Control Panel, an award-winning 10-inch colour touch-screen that clearly displays all available applications and settings.
* HP AutoNav, an automatic navigation tool that empowers end users with an intuitive way to resolve problems while reducing help desk calls through features such as live action video, step-by-step control panel instructions, and a series of LED guide lights and door sensors that act as “digital breadcrumbs” to easily guide users to the source of the problem for faster time to resolution.
* Innovative usage-based service options, saving up to thirty percent on colour printing and copying with usage based pricing, charging varying pricing for Professional colour usage, General Office colour, and monochrome pages. The new HP Color Accent feature also further reduces costs by charging the black-and-white price for pages that use small amounts of colour.
* New HP Vivera office inks and a bonding agent produce fast-drying, vibrant colour images and crisp text quality at any speed on plain paper, and deliver water and smear-resistant results, even with normal highlighter use.
* Sold direct from HP or through channel partners with service and support options, customers can lease or purchase the new MFPs from HP with Managed Print Services with multi-tier pricing or Smart Printing Services.
HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 is an imaging and printing fleet management software solution for remotely installing, configuring and managing a wide variety of HP and non-HP network peripherals using only a standard Web browser. Celebrating its tenth year, HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 boasts new features – such as enhanced security, a more intuitive user interface, integrated usage reporting with additional customisable reporting capabilities, links to HP Instant Support and new supplies management capabilities for multiple devices – to help medium to large-size organisations improve performance and decrease IT time spent managing the printing and imaging environment.
New features for the award-winning HP Universal Print Driver version 4.0 for Windows include:
* A plug-and-play capability to work with both networked and direct-connected HP devices.
* Two operating modes to offer greater flexibility and accommodate the changing needs of the end user.
* A single-click print setting for common print jobs to provide a printing shortcut for users.
* Real-time print job and device information empowering end users to resolve issues themselves and place fewer calls to the help desk to improve printer uptime, increase productivity and reduce help desk staffing expenses.
HP's expanded supplies portfolio enables business customers to bring marketing collateral production in-house in a cost effective manner that matches the quality found with traditional outsourced print jobs.
HP’s new Professional Glossy Paper for Edgeline, designed specifically for use with the HP CM8060/CM8050 Colour MFPs, enables business customers to easily and affordably produce professional-quality glossy brochures, flyers and marketing materials right in the office. HP Professional Glossy Paper for Edgeline produces vibrant colours, crisp photos and brilliant graphics with a smooth, glossy, bright white finish.
In addition to the HP CM8060/CM8050 Color MFPs with Edgeline Technology, HP introduced the following products which allow customers to take control and optimise their imaging and printing infrastructures.
* The newly redesigned HP Color LaserJet CM4730 MFP adds the innovative and award-winning HP EasySelect control panel (touch-screen common across all HP MFPs) that clearly displays all available applications and settings.
* Designed for medium to large-size organisations with paper-intensive workflows, the HP 9250c Digital Sender is equipped with an external pull-out keyboard, provides a fast and secure method to digitise paper documents and electronically distribute, archive and organise them easily and efficiently.
* The HP JetDirect 630n IPv6 Gigabit Ethernet Print Server and Jetdirect en 1700 IPv4/IPv6 Print Server maximise IT efficiency and optimise device utilisation for highly efficient printer networking.
HP Financial Services offer flexible financial solutions including financing and asset management services that address customers’ business needs – from planning to acquiring technology — including the new HP CM8060/CM8050 Color MFPs with Edgeline Technology.