McAfee has announced the availability of an early version of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 (ePO), the next major release of its security management software.
The new version, now available to the public in beta, includes improved Web-based controls, configurable reports and enhancements to the reporting features. ePolicy Orchestrator lets IT personnel easily manage multiple security and compliance applications and suites, and is designed to integrate better, save time and reduce cost.
The number of individual applications organisations need to address threats and address risk and compliance has surged, making it virtually impossible for security teams to manually correlate and integrate all the data needed for an effective and timely response. With ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0, McAfee delivers real time information and application integration for network, PC and server security.
McAfee is the first to offer such a comprehensive and integrated security risk management approach. ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 brings knowledge-driven security that is automated and actionable, letting organisations make efficient and effective threat protection and compliance management decisions.
ePolicy Orchestrator is an essential part of McAfee Total Protection, providing central management for comprehensive system protection as well as for network security and compliance management.
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 introduces new capabilities in reporting and policy assignment that can significantly reduce cost and enable increased threat protection and compliance management. Significant feature additions include:
* Web-based console to enable customers to have ready access to their customised console without having to install any software on their systems, and be able to access it from just about anywhere.
* Dashboard-based custom configurable reports that can be scheduled and e-mailed.
* Workflow enhancements to improve operational efficiency, integrated reporting across system and network security environment, and enable knowledge-driven security for more effective and efficient security decisions.
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 is designed to add immediate value by integrating with the organisations' processes, people and security products:
* Process: McAfee has designed the ePolicy Orchestrator architecture in a way that integrates into existing business processes and workflow.
* People: McAfee focuses on the experience delivered to users to help people better do their job safely and easily.
* Products: Helps companies protect their existing investments by adding new capabilities for threat protection and compliance management managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.