A cellular phone battery is suspected of having exploded and killed a man in South Korea yesterday.
The man was found dead at work, with his LG phone battery melted in his pocket.
It appeared that he had been burned on the chest, while his ribs and spine were broken.
Cellular phone and laptop batteries have suffered a number of defects over the last couple of years, with major recalls taking place for a number of products.
The latest was a global recall of Nokia batteries, which were said to dislodge themselves while charging.