Webroot has announced the release of Webroot E-Mail Security SaaS (Software as a Service). Targeted at small- to medium-sized businesses that want easier to manage perimeter security, Webroot’s new security SaaS solution delivers better protection, lower total cost of ownership and better value than perimeter security appliances or software.
“At enterprise class levels security and security management is difficult and complex and therefore often unfulfilled. This is especially true in SMBs with limited security resources. SaaS solutions re-define perimeter security by eliminating the pain and cost of hardware and software management,” says Mike Irwin, COO of Webroot. “With better manageability, better protection and overall better value, our SMB customers can now focus on their mission-critical projects while we provide them with enterprise-class security 24x7x365.”
Webroot E-mail Security SaaS resides outside an organisation’s network, requiring no additional hardware, software, or personnel resources to manage daily security operations. It includes dynamic virus and spam filters to protect against 98% of e-mail spam and 100% of known viruses.
Additionally, Webroot’s content filtering and data archiving capabilities prevent against data loss and help to fulfill compliance and data storage requirements. Webroot also guarantees a 99.999% service availability to ensure that customers have access to a secure e-mail communications environment.
Webroot E-mail Security SaaS features include:
* Antivirus: The core antivirus solution comprises five best of breed identity-based engines and employs Zero hour and heuristic filters to seek out and block new infections while blocking 100% of known viruses.
* Anti-spam and Anti-phishing: Webroot E-Mail Security SaaS offers seven different levels of spam detection to catch 98% of all spam. Its connection management and integration of multiple filters block spam and phishing e-mails with the lowest possible rate of false positives.
* Encryption: The Managed Encryption Service provides an open standard encryption mechanism with no hardware or software purchase or maintenance required. It is provided through Transport Layer Security (TLS), a transparent mechanism for encrypting data on a peer-to-peer basis. Webroot also offers desk-to-desk e-mail encryption via public and private keys for an added layer of security.
* Content Control: The content control management suite offers a powerful, customizable rules engine, which facilitates both content and event-based e-mail management while providing highly sensitive levels of control regarding inbound and outbound e-mail traffic. This feature allows users to control where messages are sent and how they should be filtered based on specified criteria. Rules can also be set for a number of different situations, either as an individual occurrence or as a combination of complex business events.
* Image Filtering: When images are scanned through the Webroot E-Mail Security SaaS image filter, their dataflow (shape, color, texture, etc.) is converted into a digital signature, which is then compared against known pornographic images. If the image is similar to those blacklisted images, the e-mail content is either deleted or quarantined.
* Business Continuity: The business continuity solution provided through Webroot E-Mail Security SaaS provides “always available” capabilities, ensuring that off-site resources are constantly active during normal operation as well as when disaster hits. The service enables 28 days of inbound and outbound e-mail to be available from secure, mirrored data stores to end-users via web mail. The web mail alternative allows users to send and receive e-mail from any browser worldwide, ensuring important communication is not lost during crises.
* Archiving: Webroot E-Mail Security SaaS stores organizations e-mails in duplicate and geographically disparate data centers, thus protecting data against physical loss or corruption.