Customer adoption of HP’s cloud-enabled, web-connected print technologies has reached the mainstream, with more than 10-million printers sold to date.
This was one of the announcements made at HP’s recent Imaging and Printing Conference, where it also debuted some new innovations, collaborations, apps and solutions for all types of users – from consumers and small to midsize businesses (SMBs), to enterprise organisations and graphic arts customers.
“HP’s history of innovation runs deep, and we continue to leverage that legacy and build on it for future growth,” says Vyomesh Joshi, executive vice-president of the Imaging & Printing Group at HP. “While printing in the traditional sense will continue to be integral to what we bring to the world, we are disrupting the market with leading innovations beyond the page as well.”
The company announced a number of products targeting the SMB market, including:
* To capture images of 3-D objects and scan documents, the HP TopShot LaserJet Pro M275 is an affordable desktop companion that’s ideal for small businesses or home offices. It is equipped with HP TopShot Scanning, a revolutionary technology that captures six separate images of a document or 3-D object and produces one final seamless image of exceptional quality. With this technology, SMBs can quickly produce high-quality images for immediate use in printed materials or on the web.
* The new HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One series and HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter deliver professional-quality colour documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page than laser printers,(1) and enable printing from virtually anywhere when using mobile devices with HP ePrint.(2) Enhanced with new inks, which resist highlighter-pen smearing, two-sided borderless printing and cloud solutions that can help businesses grow beyond the page.
* New HP Business App, such as Biz Card Scanning and Receipt Scanning Apps from Shoeboxed, allows SMBs and micro businesses to focus on business impact.
* From Scheduled Delivery Apps, business managers can receive actionable and specific guidance on becoming better leaders from Manager Tools, creators of an award-winning business podcast, and receive a full Wall Street premarket summary from RTT News, a global leading provider of financial newswires.
HP also is making its enterprise-level technologies accessible to SMBs. After its recent acquisition of Printelligent, a leader in managed print services (MPS), it is rolling out HP Partner Managed Print Services, the first of several channel-enabled MPS offerings that HP plans to launch over the next year.
In addition, HP has added several HP Document Solutions – including HP Access Control Express, HP and Nuance eCopy ShareScan and HP and Capella FormPort to its portfolio for the solutions specialist channel to sell.
The company also introduced two HP LaserJet printers and an HP Scanjet printer that facilitate mobility and workflow for businesses:
* HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M601, M602 and M603 printer series – a secure, network managed and easy-to-use web-enabled monochrome printer series engineered to help businesses increase efficiency on high-volume document printing.
* HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551 series – an HP ePrint-enabled printer ideal for enterprise and SMB work teams who want professional-quality colour and advanced print management tools.
* HP Scanjet Enterprise 8500fn1 Document Capture Workstation – a scanner optimised for workgroups with high-volume scanning needs, featuring an easy-to-use, large colour touch screen.
To simplify complex office processes and improve how enterprise customers work, HP introduced new and enhanced solutions and services offerings. HP Document Processing Services help clients grow their business, drive process transformation, reduce costs and increase productivity. The suite of document solutions offers customers the option to outsource all or portions of their document management functions, allowing information access from anywhere, anytime and via any channel.
HP Access Control Express with HP Access Control Mobile Release is a bundled solution of simple, effective tools that help slash printing costs and keep data secure, while increasing user confidence and productivity.
The new HP Smart Marketing Suite is a document workflow solution that addresses the inefficiencies facing enterprise marketing leaders. The solution consists of a suite of software and services that optimise and automate marketing content workflows, from creative brief to activation, resulting in time and cost savings that can be directed to increasing marketing effectiveness. To develop the offering, HP partnered with Omnicom Group Inc., a global leader in advertising and marketing communications.
HP is making the mobile print experience even quicker and easier, so customers can stay focused on the tasks at hand – whether they are at home, at work or simply on the go. HP’s new and enhanced mobile solutions allow people to bring print into their digital lives no matter where they are.
* The new range of Photosmart and ENVY e-All-in-One printers offer consumers flexible ways to print their photos and documents simply by sending an email with the files to their ePrinters. With a stylish and compact design, these printers fit into any home environment.
* For SMBs, the industry-first HP ePrint Wireless Direct offering allows users to connect directly to supported HP printers without the need for network or internet connections. Users can simply walk up and connect to a printer from any Wi-Fi-enabled mobile device with a peer-to-peer connection.
* The new HP ePrint Home and Biz app unifies the HP ePrint experience with a mobile app for Apple iOS, Android or Symbian smartphones and tablets, available at no additional cost, making it easy for customers to print documents and photos.
* The HP ePrint Mobile Driver makes it easier to print from notebook PCs to HP-enabled printers. Users simply “File and Print” to any registered ePrint-enabled printer.
* The new HP Printer Control mobile app for Apple iOS devices delivers wireless access and control of a printer through a robust mobile printing experience. Customers can scan photos and documents to Facebook, Google Docs and scan to e-mail from their mobile devices. They also can monitor printer and supplies status.
* In a mobile printing first, the cloud-unified HP ePrint app for BlackBerry ® smartphones allows BlackBerry users to print with one app to three cloud solutions: HP ePrint-enabled printers, HP Enterprise printers and HP Public Print Location printers. The app is available from 31 October 2011.
* HP ePrint Enterprise mobile printing version 1.6 now gives mobile device users the ability to leverage print job retention and PIN release functionality found in over 50 HP LaserJet devices, whereby a user sends documents to supported HP printers from their mobile device, releasing the documents to the output bin only when they enter their release code at the printer.