The FNB Banking app team has won the overall best App of the Year for 2012 in the MTN Business App of the Year awards.
Nomalanga Nkosi, GM: business marketing at MTN Business, says: “The MTN Enterprise Business team congratulates the FNB Banking app team on this achievement and title. The team’s passion for application development, innovation, alongside an understanding of the broader business market, expertise and dedication has certainly paid off.
“We found an innovative application, born from a forward-thinking and creative idea that will no doubt positively impact the way business will be undertaken going forward, and will empower businesses to conduct work seamlessly and effectively.”
According to eMartketing trends, user spend, on average, 9% more time using mobile apps over the use of the Internet. Games and social networking apps combined are equal to 79% of consumers overall app usage time. The number of enterprise-relevant apps has doubled from 100.000 to 200.000 over the past 12 months (Q1 2011 to Q1 2012), but as research2guidance has found, only 14% of those address core enterprise needs. Therefore, there is a need to develop apps that address the demands of businesses and individuals. The awards aim to recognise local app developers that are spearheading innovation in this space.
* FNB Banking for the best iOS consumer App
* Health ID for the best iOS enterprise App
* FNB Banking for the best Blackberry App
* TransUnion Dealer Guide for the best Android enterprise App
* FNB Banking for the best Android consumer App
* Rapidtargets for the best HTML5 App
* Matchy for the best Windows App
* Plascon Inspire Me for the most innovative App
* PhraZApp for the best Garage developer App.