Zetes, a leading provider of goods and people identification solutions, showcased its ZetesMedea and ZetesChronos and collaborative supply chain solutions at SAPICS 2013.
Both aimed at the transport and logistics industry, ZetesMedea maximises the operational efficiency in warehousing environment while ZetesChronos provides efficient logistics execution.
The ZetesMedea solution manages and organises all warehousing processes quickly and flexibly whilst eliminating errors and keeping costs low. The solution also supports the use of barcode, RFID, voice picking and ImageID systems with fixed and mobile scanners and terminals.
The ZetesMedea solution addresses the following logistics challenges:
* Errors in the goods receiving, picking and dispatch areas;
* Accessing realtime information;
* High operating expenses and costly returns caused by shipping and stock errors;
* Incapacity to accommodate easily flex and last minute order requests;
* Labour intensive, paper-based picking processes and redundant work due to non-integrated processes;
* Inefficient resource planning; and
* Manual replenishment and inefficient lift truck utilisation.
The other sister solutions, ZetesChronos and ZetesAres, a SaaS-based proof of deliver mobility solution, help customers to efficiently manage and execute processes linked to deliveries and pick-up services. Through the use of mobile computers, the solution allows real-time visibility on the delivery process.
Some of the major benefits of the solution include:
* Productivity gains through real-time data capture and easily accessed paperless information;
* Customer service excellence through readily available status updates;
* End-to-end visibility of goods movement for customers from courier, parcel, post and logistics companies;
* Ensures compliance with legal requirements in the transportation of medicines for pharmaceutical companies;
* Enables the capture of delivery and related workflows such as meter reading or installation, for field service companies; and
* ZetesVIS, which compliments ZetesAres solution, facilitates vehicle and driver inspections, compliant with AARTO requirements.
“With more than 30 years’ industry experience, Zetes has moved beyond designing a simple transport solution. ZetesAres is a platform that allows visibility throughout the collaborative supply chain that extends into the operational field with little need for additional components,” comments Alex Driesen, MD for Zetes South Africa.