Dell unveiled the newest additions to its secure, manageable and reliable line of commercial PCs: the Latitude 7000 Series ultrabooks, Latitude 5000 Series and Latitude 3000 Series laptops. With this new suite, Dell balances sophisticated design, quality construction and uncompromised durability to offer businesses of all sizes a wide variety of solutions.
The Latitude 7000, 5000, and 3000 Series are available with touch display options, leading the way for business touch devices that enable better interaction with customers, enhanced student engagement, improved patient care, and collaboration among knowledge workers.
“These exciting new additions to the Latitude line provide our commercial customers with what they’ve been asking for by bringing touch capability to the workspace at desirable price points,” says Boitumelo Kgonare, Dell Client product manager for South Africa.
“The new Latitude 7000 Series builds on the success of the award-winning XPS and Latitude 6430u to redefine the corporate laptop, complete with security, manageability, reliability and beautiful design. And with the Latitude 5000 and 3000 Series, we’ve addressed the needs of today’s dynamic workforce by enabling easy entry into business-class computing.”
Dell offers the world’s most secure commercial laptops and the Latitude 12 and 14 7000 Series are the world’s most secure ultrabooks, with best-in-class Dell Data Protection solutions, comprehensive encryption with Dell Data Protection| Encryption and advanced authentication and leading-edge malware prevention with Dell Data Protection| Protected Workspace.
Engineered to help save IT time and money, Dell offers the industry’s most manageable commercial PCs with exclusive Intel vPro extensions for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe, even when systems are powered off, paired with Dell automated tools and utilities for easily deploying, monitoring and updating systems.
Dell’s passion for reliability is epitomized by the Latitude commercial PC family. Each Latitude ultrabook and laptop are crafted using the best materials: brushed aluminium, reinforced magnesium alloy, strong steel hinges, woven carbon fibre, durable powder-coated underside, spill-resistant keyboards and LCD seals.
Additionally, all Dell touch-enabled displays offer optimal viewing experiences, touch sensitivity, brightness and durability. The Latitude 7000, 5000 and 3000 Series touch displays offer Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for up to 10 times higher scratch resistance1 compared to soda lime glass which is the predominant material used in laptop screens throughout the industry.
Latitude laptops also come armed with StrikeZone shock absorbers, Fast Response Free-Fall sensors and rubber hard drive isolation. For the previous three product generations, the Latitude family has outperformed its competition in third-party durability testing, known as MIL-STD 810G.
The sleek and powerful Latitude 7000 Series are the most secure and manageable ultrabooks, with outstanding reliability, and epitomize mobility at its finest with business-class style. Touted as the ultrabook to be loved by IT professionals and end-users alike, and powered by Intel ultra-low voltage processors, these thin, light and beautiful ultrabooks completely redefine the corporate laptop.
The Dell Latitude 7000 Series ultrabooks are:
* Made to move, with the 12-inch model starting at just 20 millimetres thin and 1.3kilograms (2.99 pounds);
* Easy for IT to manage with exceptional integrated management capabilities including Dell-unique Intel vPro extensions and automated tools that plug into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE;
* The world’s most secure ultrabooks with best-in-class endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source, and featuring the highest level of FIPS 140-2 (level 3) certification for system disk encryption;
* Designed for reliability, passing rigorous third-party durability testing and crafted with premium materials such as aluminium, a Tri-metal chassis and Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness, and
* The only corporate ultrabook designed to be backwards compatible with existing (E-) Latitude docks.
Complementing the Dell Latitude 7000 Series ultrabooks are the new Latitude 5000 and 3000 Series laptops, designed to help businesses of all sizes adopt secure, manageable and reliable notebooks.
The Latitude 14 and Latitude 15 5000 Series are designed to meet most workforce needs with 14.1-inch or 15,6-inch display options and other key features, such as:
* Reliable mobile productivity with up to Intel Core i7 ultra low voltage processors for extended battery life, a discrete graphics option for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience, and SSD or Performance Solid State Hybrid Drive options;
* Corning Gorilla Glass NBT on the touch displays for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness;
* Mobile broadband, Bluetooth and Wireless LAN options for mobility and connectivity virtually anywhere, and an HD webcam and microphone array for efficient, anywhere collaboration; and
* Compatible with Latitude E-family docking designed to connect seamlessly with award-winning Dell monitors, wireless keyboard and standard keyboard, mouse and award-winning monitors.
The Latitude 3000 Series is Dell’s newest line of entry-level commercial laptops for education and small business customers. The Latitude 14 and 15 3000 Series laptops offer:
* Durable and reliable chassis that have undergone Highly Accelerated Life Testing, including hinge testing, keyboards and shocks;
* 4th Generation Intel Core processors with Turbo Mode for fast data processing;
* Business class discrete graphics with up to 2Gb video memory for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience;
* Thin (21 to 25mm) and light ( starting at 4.3lbs / 1,55kg) design for great mobility;
* Choice of 14-inch and 15,6-inch Anti-Glare LCD for comfortable visualization and optional touch displays; and
* Integrated microphone and HD Webcam for remote collaboration and interaction.