As organisations of all sizes move more of their information systems to the cloud, Oracle is expanding the number of Oracle Cloud services to strengthen its position as the industry’s most comprehensive public cloud.
Oracle Cloud offers a broad range of modern, functionally rich and integrated services running in a secure, enterprise and standards-based cloud platform. With new Application, Platform and Infrastructure Services, Oracle is helping customers and partners further capitalise on the power of cloud computing.
Extending the industry’s broadest and most advanced cloud portfolio, Oracle introduced 10 new Oracle Cloud services for its customers and partners.
The new services expand Oracle’s comprehensive portfolio of Application, Social, Platform and Infrastructure Services and are all available on a subscription basis.
Unlike other clouds that offer services in one or two layers, Oracle Cloud is the only cloud that delivers a broad portfolio of integrated services across applications, social, platform and infrastructure.
Oracle Cloud provides the industry’s most complete suite of modern, enterprise SaaS applications including Human Capital Management, Customer Experience and Enterprise Resource Management, with built-in business intelligence, social and mobile capabilities.
Oracle offers customers and partners choice and flexibility in where they deploy Oracle software: in traditional on-premise data centres, private clouds, Oracle Cloud and other public clouds.
Oracle Cloud continues to show strong adoption, supporting 9-million users and 19-billion transactions each day, running on 7 000 servers and 200 petabytes of storage in 13 data centres around the world.
Oracle Cloud partners will be able to refer and resell the new Oracle Cloud Platform and Infrastructure services through the existing Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Cloud programs, enabling them to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of Application, Social, Platform and Infrastructure cloud-based services to their customers.
Oracle announced 10 new Oracle Cloud services, including:
* Compute Cloud – enables customers to leverage elastic compute capabilities to run any workload in the cloud. It is secure, enterprise-grade, fully configurable and provides robust monitoring capabilities.
* Object Storage Cloud – provides users with a highly-available, redundant and secure object store for persisting large amounts of unstructured data.
* Database Cloud – provides full control of a dedicated database instance and supports any Oracle Database application, giving users greater flexibility and choice over the level of managed services provided by Oracle.
* Java Cloud – provides Oracle WebLogic Server clusters for deployment of Java applications and gives full administrative control over the service with automated backup, recovery, patching and high availability capabilities.
* Business Intelligence Cloud – enables users to analyse data with visual, interactive dashboards for the Web and mobile devices. Provides self-service data loading, modelling, analysis and application administration capabilities in the cloud without the assistance of IT.
* Documents Cloud – provides a flexible, self-service file sharing and collaboration solution with mobile and desktop sync, robust security and integration with on-premise and cloud applications.
* Mobile Cloud – simplifies enterprise mobile connectivity, enabling enterprises to build any application, for any device connected to any data source with enterprise-grade security.
* Database Backup Cloud – enables businesses to backup Oracle Databases to the Oracle Cloud. Also allows replication of backups from the Oracle Database Backup Logging Recovery Appliance to Oracle Cloud.
* Billing and Revenue Management Cloud – enables enterprises with robust and highly scalable subscription billing to capture recurring revenues from new services.
* Cloud Marketplace – provides a global marketplace where partners can publish applications and customers can browse through and discover new solutions to address their business needs.
These new services join the following Oracle Cloud services:
* Oracle Cloud Application Services portfolio includes Global HR Cloud, Talent Management Cloud, ERP Cloud, Supply Chain Management Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Enterprise Planning Cloud and Financial Reporting Cloud.
* Oracle Cloud Social Services portfolio includes Oracle Social Network, Social Marketing, Social Engagement and Monitoring and Social Data and Insight.
* Oracle Cloud Platform Services portfolio includes Database Cloud, Java Cloud and Developer Cloud.
* Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Services portfolio includes Storage Cloud and Messaging Cloud.
“To realise the true benefits that cloud computing offers, organisations need access to flexible, reliable and secure cloud services that are designed to meet their specific business needs,” says Thomas Kurian, executive VP of product development, Oracle.
“With the broadest selection of enterprise-grade cloud solutions in the world, Oracle is uniquely positioned to meet this demand. With an expanding portfolio of functionally rich, integrated and secure enterprise cloud services, Oracle continues to lead the cloud computing industry by delivering instant value to both business users and developers.”