Mobile has indisputably become a core part of the business vocabulary. For enterprises, it is essential that they develop the most relevant mobile strategy for today and tomorrow. In today’s collaborative and hyper connected organisations, it is mobility that enables modern employees, customers and partners to reach new levels of productivity and alignment.
Committed to innovating and delivering a wide range of cutting-edge mobile capabilities across the enterprise, Oracle Applications are leveraging Oracle mobile platform.
Oracle Mobile platform provides the development framework, integration, security and application management capabilities that enable developers to create compelling and secure mobile experiences for any device.
Oracle ADF Mobile, a key component of Oracle Mobile platform, enables enterprises to rapidly develop single-source applications that leverage Java and HTML5 to deploy and run on both the Apple iOS and Google Android, thus enabling a single application on multiple devices and channels.
With Oracle Applications, enterprises have a huge choice of out-of-the-box mobile applications as well as the option of developing their own applications by leveraging Oracle Mobile platform that supports access to any device, all native device services and connection to any enterprise application securely protecting enterprise investments from future technology shifts:
* Oracle Sales Cloud Mobile – drives further sales team productivity by enabling direct access of Oracle Sales Cloud within Apple, Blackberry and Google Android devices, and allowing instant access and team sharing of important customer, contact and opportunity details within smartphones.
* Oracle Fusion Mobile Expenses – empowers users to quickly capture their expenses as they are incurred with minimal data entry. The mobile application allows users to create expense lines from voice recordings, receipt images, and calendar entries and sync reference data automatically.
* Oracle Tap – gives organisations secure access from within Apple and Google Android devices to their Oracle Applications Cloud, including: Oracle Human Capital Management (Fusion HCM), Oracle Project Portfolio Management (Fusion ERP), Oracle Talent Management (Taleo both Business and Enterprise edition), and Oracle Service (RightNow).
Oracle Tap provides a highly responsive and natural application experience with optimised layouts and navigation gestures, an smart offline cache and search that seamlessly fetches data on-demand, and robust personalisation via a completely user configurable on device workboard or via an administrator driven centralised Cloud-based mobile configuration composer.
With Oracle Tap customers benefit from a consistent information architecture and experience independent of the Oracle Applications Cloud deployed.
* Oracle Human Capital Management (Fusion HCM) – mobile capabilities enable employees, managers and executives to manage their worklist and quickly respond to approval requests, browse and analyse organisational information such as operational performance indicators or business intelligence reports, employee information like their talent scorecard, goals and predicted performance/attrition measures, ability to compare multiple workers in order to determine top performers and view compensation distribution across teams, and setting and tracking of goals across the various levels of the organisation.
* Oracle Project Portfolio Management (Fusion ERP) – mobile capabilities provide project managers with an easy-to-use graphical user interface that helps them quickly understand project progress, review exceptions, and follow up with team members if required.
* Oracle Talent Management (Taleo) – mobile capabilities provide recruitment on the go for hiring managers and HR professionals, with access to requisitions, candidates, and actions to manage the entire recruitment process.
* Oracle Service (RightNow) – mobile capabilities redefine user productivity while agents, specialists, and managers are on the go and provide case and task management, access to critical contact and organisation information, and insight into staff’s workloads. Oracle RightNow now supports servicing customers at all times even when agents are away from their desks.
Oracle’s Siebel Mobile Solutions connects mobile service professionals with accurate, up-to-date information. Deployed over wireless phones, pagers, laptops, and handheld computers, it gives field technicians complete access to customer information, site and asset histories, expense reports, parts information, corporate knowledge bases, and much more.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant – help users collaborate with colleagues and customers, complete frequent tasks, and close deals more quickly while on the road.
* Oracle Mobile Sales Forecast – provides daily visibility into the opportunity pipeline, helping sales representatives focus on closing deals while on the road.
* Oracle Mobile Field Service for iPhone, iPad and Android enables customer service agents to access and update key information while on the go. While offline, agents can access complete customer, product, and service request data; manage schedules; order spare parts; record material, costs, and labour; and enter counter readings. Benefits include improved service levels, reduced service costs, faster billing cycles, and optimised inventory levels.
* Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for iPad: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne enterprise applications run on Apple iPad, providing business user mobile access to all applications and data they need to monitor and execute their work from anywhere, anytime. EnterpriseOne users are not restricted to a handful of specialty mobile apps, but enjoy the power of the robust, integrated tier one JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP solution at their fingertips on the Apple iPad.
Oracle’s PeopleSoft applications provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organisations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and allow a lower cost of ownership.
Oracle PeopleSoft mobile applications include:
* Mobile expenses – working in conjunction with PeopleSoft Expenses, the new mobile application supports the full expense lifecycle for employees and managers, while also allowing users to easily transition from a desktop environment to mobile device as needed to complete transactions.
* Mobile approvals – can save time and improve efficiencies by streamlining the review and approval process for requests such as requisitions, purchase orders, expenses, vouchers, and general ledger journals.
* Mobile company directory – improves productivity by providing a powerful tool for locating, connecting, and collaborating with talent across the entire organisation.
* Mobile Inventory Management – enables users to perform common inventory transactions through handheld devices, personal digital assistants, and radio frequency scanners resulting in real-time transaction processing, improved data accuracy and increased mobility and convenience.
* Mobile Campus Solutions Self Service – enables students to take action on and manage key processes while on the go. The new features will allow institutions to brand, customise and extend the smartphone application to provide maximum value to students through their mobile devices.