Veeam Software has announced at VMworld 2013 Europe that just over a quarter of the current customer base upgraded to Veeam Backup and Replication (B&R) v7 within 30 days of its release. The rapid rate of adoption is just one of several data points demonstrating the runaway success of the latest version of Veeam’s flagship product.
“The rate at which our customers are upgrading to Veeam, Backup and Replication v7 is a testament not only to the anticipation of the product, but also to the ease of use and simplicity of the upgrade process itself,” says Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam.
“By providing enterprises with even more advanced Modern Data Protection, Veeam has once again disrupted the backup industry. We’re receiving overwhelming response from customers telling us how they were able to upgrade to v7 within minutes, that they have dramatically reduced the time it takes to backup their data, and that their confidence in Veeam has never been stronger.”
Veeam recently surveyed customers who have upgraded to B&R v7 within the past 30 days.
Highlights of the survey include:
* 60% reported that the upgrade process took minutes, while 90% upgraded to the latest version within hours;
* 98% says the upgrade to v7 was not difficult; 41% of respondents says that Veeam has set a new standard in the ease of software upgrades;
* 92% of users upgraded in-house, with no professional services or consulting; and
* Over 91% says they are satisfied with B&R v7 or that it has exceeded their expectations.
“I downloaded, upgraded, and had 25 VMs backed up all within one hour of the GA (general availability) of Veeam B&R v7,” says Zerin Dube, associate director at HFF. “Compared to other backup and replication products, it is by far the easiest to configure and administer. It’s stable, reliable and consistent.”
“Our upgrade experience to Veeam B&R v7 was very fluid and easy to do,” says Stephen Smith, systems administrator at Competitive Energy Services.
“I adjusted the jobs after we completed the upgrade and implemented several of the new features. We have now cut our backup time by almost three hours with the new version. Obviously, we are extremely happy with Veeam, its support team and their software.”
Veeam Backup & Replication v7 introduces two disruptive innovations:
* Built-in WAN Acceleration and Backup from Storage Snapshots, taking Modern Data Protection to the next level.
* B&R v7 also introduces 7 additional market-leading features and more than 75 other new features/enhancements, including Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, VMware vCloud Director Integration, Self-Service Recovery of VMs and Guest Files and Native Tape Support.
“Veeam´s Backup & Replication product is easy-to-use, powerful and flexible in every modern vSphere enterprise environment” says Alan Madsen, technical lead, Hardware & Framework / Group Finance & Operations at Vestas Wind Systems. ”Every time we make a backup or do a restore, we are surprised by the product’s performance and ingenuity.”
“Veeam B&R v7 just works,” says Eric Shonebarger, CIO of Hit Promotional Products. “The added features of WAN Replication and Backup to Tape, allow me to finally stop using other tools. Specifically, I no longer have to use third-party tools to move data to our collocation facility.”
“I’ve been deploying Veeam software for years and have never experienced any issues with updates or upgrades, which is surprising in the software world,” says Eric Machabert, IT consultant/Consultant Infrastructures at Computacenter. “The upgrade took less than 30 minutes, with no downtime. It was easy, fast and problem-free. It’s definitely a best-in-class backup solution.”