Intervate, South Africa’s foremost provider of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and Microsoft SharePoint solutions, has collaborated with AvePoint, the leader in governance, compliance, and management solutions for social enterprise collaboration platforms, to introduce the “SharePoint Starter Pack” to local Microsoft SharePoint users and potential users in South Africa from 21 October to 31 December 2013.
The essential areas of the starter pack focus on getting the content you need into SharePoint, and address the most common challenges which are very often standing in the way of a broader ECM level of SharePoint confidence and adoption.
These challenges were identified as providing an enterprise level of data protection and restoration, scalable and efficient management, restructuring of content based on constantly changing business demands, as well as a wide range of reporting for ecosystem monitoring within the SharePoint environment.
“We worked with AvePoint to identify the key challenges that SharePoint administrators and managers were experiencing and we came up with five key products in the DocAve suite to improve these users’ experience: Migration, Administrator, Backup & Recovery, Content Manager and Report Centre,” says Marc Fletcher, Marketing and Sales director of Intervate in Cape Town.
A 30-day trial version of these products will be available from Monday, 21 October 2013 for download via the Intervate Web site.
“This initiative was designed with a very good understanding of what the current needs of South African customers are as well as empathy with the SharePoint practice of enterprises and their limitations around SharePoint related expenditures during the early stages of proving value,” Fletcher says.
“The SharePoint Starter Pack is an extension of SharePoint’s native capabilities and adds a significant benefit to the administration and management functionality available to the IT team. This application suite was created to help new and emerging customers migrate content, manage users, protect their SharePoint assets and report on user activity and infrastructure changes.”
The five key SharePoint Starter Pack products are:
* Migration – DocAve Migrators allow users to consolidate multiple content sources into SharePoint 2010/2013 or Office 365 with minimal disruption on the business and migrate content granularly from 14 different legacy systems in real-time or on a scheduled basis.
* Administrator – DocAve Administrator allows for search across all assets, batch changes of user settings, and delegation to power users to increase efficiency and productivity.
* Backup & Recovery – DocAve Backup and Restore provides business-aware and comprehensive protection of the SharePoint ecosystem.
* Content manager – DocAve Content Manager allows users to copy, move, migrate or restructure content from one source to multiple destinations in order to quickly distribute changes across multiple sites or SharePoint environments.
* Report Center – DocAve Report Center can provide intelligence on platform performance by reporting on SharePoint storage trends, sites, and users on a real-time or scheduled basis.
“We are proud of our partnership with Intervate to introduce the SharePoint Starter Pack and we believe it will help companies with SharePoint in South Africa realise the platform’s full potential,” says Peter Sornat, VP of Sales and Business Development for AvePoint EMEA.
Intervate and AvePoint will host a series of Webinars on 12, 19 and 26 November 2013 from 14:30 – 15:30 in order to take audiences through the components of the SharePoint Starter Pack journey.
The Webcast series will include:
* Driving a Cost Effective, Business Aware Migration to SharePoint 2013;
* Winning Strategies for Comprehensive and Successful Backup and Recovery for Microsoft SharePoint; and
* Best Practices for Implementing Scalable SharePoint Management and Reporting.