Huawei has showcased its self-developed eLTE broadband trunking solution at the Professional LTE 2013.
The solution, which has been deployed in various vertical industries, including government, energy, transportation and with Internet Service Providers (ISP), is designed to help enterprise customers improve their operation efficiency and to drive LTE technology development in the critical communications field.
The Huawei eLTE broadband trunking solution is built on the fourth-generation wireless broadband LTE technology, which supports multiple functions such as trunking, video surveillance and data access in one single network, helping enterprise customers enhance operational efficiency and reduce operational costs.
“With unwavering commitment to customer-centric innovation, Huawei leverages our comprehensive technical expertise and experience in the wireless domain, to provide industry leading eLTE broadband trunking solution, eLTE broadband access solution, GSM-R solution, as well as customised network deployment and operation and maintenance services to address the needs of various industries, enhancing the operational efficiency and security of enterprise customers,” says He Liyang, president of Huawei Enterprise Business Group, Western Europe.
“Huawei believes that collaboration is key to success in the critical communications industry ecosystem. With a win-win strategy, we will continue to expand the scope of our collaboration with industry vendors, partners and customers, to innovate, and contribute to the on-going advancement of industry standards.”
During the event, Huawei demonstrated the major benefits of the eLTE solution, including advanced voice and video trunking, wireless video surveillance, video upload and distribution capacity, and large bandwidth data access. Huawei also shared how the company has helped enterprise customers across different sectors enhance operation efficiency with its eLTE broadband trunking solution.
* Government – the Tianjin Municipal Government of China deployed Huawei LTE broadband trunking network solution, which provides efficient video dispatching, high-speed massive data transmission, emergency communication vehicle and other services, to help the government improve operation efficiency, enhance city management capacity and ensure public safety.
* Oil and gas – Tampnet, an authorised telecommunications operator in Norway providing high-bandwidth communications service in the oil and gas exploration industry, deployed Huawei’s state-of-the-art offshore LTE wireless communications solution that supports 37 kilometres radius of broadband communications.
* Smart grid – the China Southern Power Grid used Huawei’s ultra-bandwidth wireless automatic distribution communication network, a solution based on the most advanced 4G wireless technology, which supports distribution automation, metering automation, trunking dispatch, video surveillance, mobile workforce, access control systems, intelligent charging and other smart grid services.
* Railway – the Huawei eLTE railway solution helped the Shuo Huang Railway of China enhance transportation efficiency by multi-locomotive synchronous control and command transmission system, functional number check, dispatching communication and on-board video surveillance services in one network, enabling its annual transportation volume to increase from 100-million tonnes to 350-million tonnes.
* ISP – Huawei successfully delivered the world’s first 3.6G to 3.8G eLTE broadband access network to Ożarowice, Poland, providing Internet access service to local residents in the region and helping the Polish government to bridge the digital gap in the local community.