LG Electronics will be introducing its eagerly anticipated G3 smartphone to the local market in August 2014, the successor to the company’s well-received LG G2. LG G3 aims to redefine the definition of a global smartphone for global customers.
Developed under the Simple is the New Smart concept, LG G3 is a culmination of consumer research based on LG’s product development philosophy, Learning from You. The LG G3 was empowered with the best of what current technology has to offer, providing consumers with a user experience more ambitious than anything offered before by LG.
“The smartest innovation in a fast evolving smartphone market is creating harmony between advanced technology and a simplified user experience,” said Deon Prinsloo, General Manager for LG Mobile. “LG G3 is the result of our effort to actualise that idea into a tangible product. And we are extremely pleased with the result.”
Highlights of the new G3 include:
* 5.5-inch Quad HD display with 538ppi with four times the resolution of HD and almost two times higher resolution than a Full HD display;
* 13MP OIS+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) camera with a revolutionary Laser Auto Focus that can shoot stunningly sharp images in a fraction of the time required by conventional phone cameras;
* Polished metallic skin on the rear cover that is lightweight and fingerprint-proof;
* Floating Arc form factor that feels incredibly comfortable in one hand and incorporates the innovative design heritage of the Rear Key; and
* Redesigned graphic user interface (GUI) consistent with the Simple is the New Smart concept of the G3.
The G3 is the most anticipated smartphone of 2014, according to a poll done by Phone Arena. It has already created a stir and consumers are yet to hold a G3 in the palm of their hands. The wait is almost over as they will be able to do so in August.
* Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (up to 2.5GHz Quad-Core);
* Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi);
* Memory: 32GB eMMC ROM / 3GB DDR3 RAM / microSD slot (128GB max);
* Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP;
* Battery: 3,000mAh (removable);
* Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat;
* Size: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm;
* Weight: 149g;
* Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G);
* Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0;
* Color: Metallic Black, Silk White and Shine Gold; and
* Other: Smart Keyboard, Smart Notice, Knock Code, Guest Mode and so on.