IFS, the global enterprise applications company, has launched IFS Applications 9, the new core version of its extended enterprise applications suite.
IFS Applications 9 delivers customers true business agility by bringing them closer to their business and by providing them with the flexibility to capitalise on change. This is thanks to innovations in user experience, new features, enhanced configurability, and new layered application architecture.
New to IFS Applications 9 is:
* IFS Lobby – a clear and tailored view of the business or situation as it relates to a role or process. IFS Lobby is fully customisable and presents at-a-glance, actionable information relevant to each unique user. This UI improvement makes IFS Applications 9 easier and faster to use, bringing users closer to their business, no matter whether accessed on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
* IFS Streams – a notification system designed to keep you close to the pulse of your business by posting relevant updates and actions to processes, relevant to individual users.
* Layered application architecture – specialised extension and customisation layers that streamline and drive cost out of modifications to the application. Technical staff can now spend more time adding value to your business rather than administering customisations.
* Embedded CRM – providing truly embedded CRM capabilities, IFS Applications 9 makes business data accessible to the right people at the right time, enabling better decision making and customer service.
* Enhanced support for global business – new capabilities for group consolidation, improved support for matrix organisations, and a host of other improvements that help global businesses capitalise on their size and reach.
“We are very proud to present IFS Applications 9, which brings a large number of new features, a fantastic user experience, and over 500 enhancements to new and existing customers,” says Thomas Säld, SVP of Research & Development at IFS. “Promoting business agility has been our guiding principle during the development phase, which means major investments in areas such as a better solution fit for the industries we serve, creating insight through visualisation, collaborative tools, user configurability, and layered application architecture, among many others. Combined with flexible deployment models, IFS Applications 9 is uniquely positioned to help companies capitalise on the pace of change in global business.”
IFS Applications 9 has been deployed through an early adopter program with five customers who have been testing and providing feedback on the system for more than a year. Representing a wide spread of industries and geographies, the early adopters are Beijer Electronics, Kimal, Spang Magnetics, VBMS, and Servi Group.