WD has appointed Corex as a distributor of its full range of component storage solutions.
Corex will supply WD’s colour-coded, power-of-choice internal hard drives and data centre hard drives to its resellers, providing them with hard drive technologies geared for particular purposes and specific applications.
Kalvin Subbadu, WD Storage Technology sales manager for South Africa, comments: “WD and Corex’s target markets and vertical segmentation are aligned, including surveillance, gaming, network attached storage (NAS), desktop and data centre markets.
“The appointment of Corex will help us grow our market share and further establish our presence in South Africa while also allowing us to take our offering to new, untapped markets. With COREX’s strong leadership and a committed, knowledgeable team we can take our storage technology offering to the next level.”
WD’s hard drive range includes:
* WD Blue hard drives that are geared for solid performance and everyday computing;
* WD Black hard drives that deliver maximum performance for power computing;
* WD Green hard drives that are designed specifically with reliability in mind for an increased drive lifespan for desktops and All-in-One PCs;
* WD Red hard drives that are designed for NAS;
* WD Purple hard drives tailored to the demands of surveillance storage; and
* WD Re, WD Se and WD Ae families of hard drives are designed for high-end NAS/Surveillance and scale-out data centre environments.
Mark Lu, CEO of Corex, says: “The distribution agreement has strengthened our relationship with WD, built on three years as a sub-distributor for the vendor. Our immediate plans are to aggressively promote the WD’s hard drive range of hard drives into our reseller market and their tier one customer base, providing them with a solid, reliable brand for all their hard disk requirements.”
Corex has a national footprint, with branches in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban and will provide full support to its resellers and end-user customers on the WD storage offerings. The distributor has WD certified sales and technical specialists as well as a dedicated support team.