VMware has announced the general availability of VMware Integrated OpenStack 2, VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1, VMware Virtual SAN 6.1, VMware vRealize Log Insight 3, VMware vRealize Operations 6.1 and VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering to help organisations build secure and protected software-defined data centres and increase IT agility.
Featuring the industry’s most complete product portfolio for implementing and operating a software-defined data centre, VMware has advanced the capabilities of:
* VMware Integrated OpenStack 2 – VMware Integrated OpenStack 2 is based on the OpenStack Kilo release, making it current with upstream OpenStack code, and includes an industry-first seamless upgrade capability from Icehouse. New enhancements make VMware-based OpenStack clouds more scalable, performant and resilient, with new features that improve IT’s ability to gather meaningful and actionable data on cloud resource utilisation
* VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1 – VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1 integrates with VMware NSX 6.2, enabling IT to use network virtualisation to simplify disaster recovery management and accelerate recovery in the software-defined data centre. It now also orchestrates the live migration of VMs at scale between sites by automating cross-vCenter vMotion operations, enabling zero downtime disaster avoidance and data centre migrations. VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1 includes support for stretched cluster solutions including EMC VPLEX, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform and IBM San Volume Controller. It now also interoperates with vSphere Storage Policy-Based Management to enable automatic, policy-based disaster protection for VMs
* VMware Virtual SAN 6.1 – VMware Virtual SAN 6.1 increases data protection options for business-critical environments with the new Stretched Cluster feature providing zero-point Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and enhanced VMware vSphere Replication providing five-minute RPO. Additionally, VMware Virtual SAN 6.1 enables new advanced management and monitoring through deep integration with VMware vRealize Operations and the new Virtual SAN Health Check Plug-In for performance monitoring, root cause analysis and capacity planning
* VMware vRealize Log Insight 3 – New features include double the scale and performance up to 15 000 messages per second, improvements in fault tolerance around clustering, new charting options and query snapshots, improved integration with VMware vRealize Operations, and enhanced Big Data style query execution
* VMware vRealize Operations 6.1 – With new Intelligent Workload Management capabilities, VMware vRealize Operations 6.1 enables customers to visualise how their workloads are loaded across clusters, VMware vCenter Servers and data centres. The new release recommends optimal placement of workloads and balances the workloads across clusters. Operating system and application monitoring is now available natively in VMware vRealize Operations 6.1 to help IT proactively identify and avoid potential issues across infrastructure and application stacks.
* VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering – VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering enables ecosystem partners including Asigra, EMC, Infinio, PrimaryIO, Samsung, SanDisk and StorageCraft to offer third-party software-based data services such as replication and caching. These data services are fully integrated in vSphere and managed through vSphere Storage Policy-Based Management, which is the same framework used to manage all the software-defined storage services in vSphere.