Big winners at yesterday’s AfricaCom Awards for 2015 were Huawei, Project Isizwe and FNB Connect.
The competition attracted more entries than ever before, with a number of large projects put forward for the awards.
The full list of winners is:
* Best Network Improvement – Huawei Technologies for its Lampsite Solution in Kenya;
* Excellence in Customer Experience Management – First National Bank for FNB Connect;
* Breakthrough LTE Development – Huawei Technologies for its eLTE Solution for Kenya;
* Best Cost Efficiency Solution for Africa – PCCW Global for keeping African international voice traffic in Africa;
* Best Connectivity Solution for Africa – Project Isizwe for the city of Tshwane’s Free WiFi project;
* VSAT Innovation for Africa – Vodacom DRC for its Rural Coverage System;
* Best Marketing Campaign – Unitel for Kisom;
* Best Mobile Money Service – Ericsson for its Wallet platform;
* Best App for Africa – Project Isizwe for its Tshwane WiFi Voice Mobile App;
* Best Device for Africa – Orange for Orange Klif;
* Most Innovative Service – First National Bank for FNB Connect;
* Best Pan African Initiative – Trace TV and Music for Trace Music Star;
* CEO of the Year – Millicom Ghana and Mrs Roti Mootman; and
* Changing Lives Awards – Liquid Teleocm and the Office of the President (Kenya) and Liquid Telecomfor free WiFi in Nakuru County.
Says Gemma White at event organiser Informa Telecoms & Media: “We congratulate each and every one of the winners on their achievement. The advances and quality of the African ICT and technology industry is represented in these annual awards, they are indicative of a healthy and thriving sector that is changing lives and enhancing human connectivity and interaction. We all look forward to 2016 where we know for certain, that the quality of campaign that will be considered will be of an even higher standard.”