NetApp has announced new solutions, services, and partnerships that provide customers with the enterprise data protection that they need to confidently embrace the hybrid cloud.
The new offerings extend NetApp’s Data Fabric vision, which helps organisations reduce cloud risk and data mobility cost challenges while maintaining data control across on-premises and cloud resources.
The Data Fabric vision was unveiled a year ago at NetApp’s Insight annual technical conference. Since then, NetApp has teamed with a growing ecosystem of partners and service providers to create integrated solutions and services that help customers realize the full potential of the hybrid cloud.
The announcements included:
* File and Object Integration Now Available with StorageGRID Webscale. StorageGRID Webscale provides an optimal solution for organisations that require large, distributed, multi-site content repositories. This latest release integrates object management simplicity with familiar NFS and CIFS protocols. A single global name space includes support for OpenStack Swift APIs, multi-tenancy, geo-dispersed erasure coding, and metadata search. It delivers efficient, non-stop global operations on-premises and across the hybrid cloud, meeting long-term data durability requirements.
* New NetApp SnapCenter manages data protection across the hybrid cloud. Enabling efficient copies is a key element of data protection in the hybrid cloud, spanning backup, restore and disaster recovery of primary data. SnapCenter software is a new NetApp offering that helps enterprises simplify management of application-specific data protection at scale. It allows customers to consolidate and centralise the backup and cloning of multiple applications and multiple servers into one efficient operations center. SnapCenter sits at the core of the NetApp data management portfolio. It enables backup to NetApp Private Storage solutions and integration with NetApp Cloud ONTAP software, NetApp’s instance of its clustered Data ONTAP operating system that runs on Amazon Web Services.
* NetApp Private Storage (NPS) innovation for data protection. NetApp Private Storage is a foundational solution for customers who are building out their data fabrics. It allows users to integrate cloud compute resources with on- or-off-premises storage. With NPS solutions, customer data is protected and managed separately for performance and compliance, while public cloud servers are rented as needed to support workload scaling and quick provisioning.
* Enhanced Professional Services for Disaster Recovery solutions. These offerings provide customers with the expertise that they need to quickly and non-disruptively deploy NetApp MetroCluster or SnapMirror disaster recovery solutions. Services teams can help users assess technical requirements, develop comprehensive designs and implement disaster recovery solutions that provide fast failover and synchronous or asynchronous replication at a remote site. These services are part of a broader NetApp services portfolio for enabling integrated data protection solutions across the hybrid cloud.
* New Commvault IntelliSnap for NetApp. This third-party solution replaces NetApp SnapProtect software and provides the same functional features and controller-based licensing, with the added benefits of expanding into Commvault environments. This solution joins the broad portfolio of NetApp data protection solutions, which include NetApp SnapManager software, Virtual Storage Console and SnapCenter, along with other third-party integrated solutions such as Veritas NetBackup Replication Director, Veeam and Catalogic.
“Data Fabric solutions from NetApp and our partners allow customers to reliably protect, recover and archive their data across the hybrid cloud, while reducing complexity, cost and risk,” says Lee Caswell, vice-president: product, solutions and services marketing at NetApp. “We make it possible for organisations to manage proven, enterprise-grade data protection across flash, disk and cloud resources.”