subscribe: Daily Newsletter

 

Advanced threat protection sales take off in 2015

0 comments

Sales of network advanced threat protection (ATP) solutions, which detect sophisticated malware, reached $194-million worldwide in the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15), up 7% over 2Q15, and up 53 % over 3Q14.
“Network ATP is by far the fastest-growing segment in the content security market. It has high appeal to the same types of security-conscious customers that invested early in intrusion prevention systems (IPS), but thanks to software-as-a-service technology, ATP will be available to less savvy customers much more quickly than IPS,” says Jeff Wilson, senior research director for cybersecurity technology at IHS.
“We’re forecasting the global network ATP market to reach $1.3 billion in 2019, a 22 percent compound annual growth rate over the five years from 2014 to 2019,” Wilson says.
More content security market highlights include:
* Global content security gateway appliance and software revenue totalled $856-million in 3Q15, growing 2,3% sequentially;
* Unchanged from last quarter, 65% of 3Q15 content security gateway revenue was from appliances, and the remaining 35% came from software; and
* Intel Security ranked first in content security gateway market share in 3Q15, Blue Coat moved into second and Cisco took third.