Dell has announced the availability of Premium Support, a service for consumer PCs that dramatically improves the customer experience through simplified, hassle free support.
Currently offered in the US and Canada, it is being made available in 110 additional countries across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
Premium Support provides 24×7 anytime, anywhere access to expert technicians, onsite service after remote diagnosis and proactive automated support for consumer PCs and tablets.
Powered by Dell’s innovative, award-winning SupportAssist technology, Premium Support automatically detects both hardware and software issues and proactively alerts consumers when they occur. SupportAssist also enables Dell’s technicians to initiate contact6 with customers and begin resolving the problem, often before they even know an issue exists.
Premium Support was designed to meet the needs of today’s consumers and significantly reduces the time it takes to resolve common hardware problems with 59% fewer steps in the support process and 865 less time on the phone with tech support.
Key features include:
* 24×7 support access by phone or online;
* Onsite service after remote diagnosis within one to two business days;
* Single resource for hardware and software expertise;
* Proactive resolution of issues automatically detected by SupportAssist technology;
* Comprehensive software support and collaborative assistance for preinstalled software titles like Microsoft Office, Explorer, Outlook, and more; and
* Help and “how to” for network connectivity, printer setup, back-up, anti-virus set up, operating system upgrades and more.
“Through research we conducted, our customers told us their top priorities when it comes to support are timely and efficient service delivery, knowledgeable service staff, and coverage of both hardware and software issues,” says Doug Schmitt, vice president and general manager of Global Support and Deployment at Dell. “With Premium Support we’re serving customers on their terms with 24×7 support from highly trained technicians in the method they prefer and onsite support when they need it. They can rest easy knowing Dell experts stand behind them no matter where in the world they may be.”