HP Inc is taking on the gaming market, with the introduction today of its new OMEN by HP portfolio, built exclusively for gamers.
As part of the company’s strategy to reinvent personal systems, it is introducing a unified gaming portfolio based on OMEN by HP with a range of options spanning different price points to meet the various needs of gamers today.
This next line-up of OMEN by HP gaming PCs feature a family of three devices.
The OMEN laptops are designed to deliver an immersive experience. The 15,6-inch and 17,3-inch diagonal devices are available in Full HD and 4K IPS display options. Sound is by Bang & Olufsen and HP Audio Boost technology.
“We created OMEN by HP for gamers who need their PC to deliver a great experience while also allowing them the flexibility to choose the level of performance and design that fits their needs,” says Kevin Frost, vice-president and GM: consumer personal systems, HP Inc. “The new OMEN platform offers the features gamers rely on – power for battling on the go, graphics for smooth gameplay and advanced thermal cooling to tackle the latest AAA games. The OMEN by HP delivers gamers what they need to strike first, and last.”
The OMEN by HP line-up includes:
* OMEN Laptops: Equipped with powerful hardware and 4K displays, the 15,6-inch and 17,3-inch diagonal gaming laptops deliver winning performance.
* OMEN Desktop: Combines cutting-edge design, liquid cooling with the latest Intel Core processors, NVIDIA GeForce GTX and AMD Radeon graphics to deliver a performance monster that is VR certified to power Vive by HTC.
Featuring a Dragon Red backlit keyboard with OMEN branding on the keyboard deck and on the black shadow mesh laptop lid, the OMEN laptops run cool with a dual fan design to maintain top performance. The 62-watt battery sits flat and towards the front of the machine to allow more cooling surface area and airflow for thermal management without sacrificing performance. NVIDIA GTX 965M graphics (on select models) and up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processors3 equip gamers for any challenge or challenger.
Other features include:
* Wide Vision HD Camera or optional Intel RealSense Camera for 3D experiences and to enable gesture control apps to interact with the PC when gaming.
* Up to 16Gb of memory and up to 512Gb PCIe SSD or up to 2Tb for single storage options or dual storage options with up to 2Tb HDD and 128Gb SSHD on select models.
* HP Fast Charge and up to 10 hours of battery life on select models.
The OMEN Desktop features the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics to perfect the gaming experience. The unlocked Intel Core i7 processor delivers the performance required to keep up with the most demanding games and VR experiences. Optional liquid cooling, an advanced thermal system, keeps it running quiet and cool to virtually eliminate video lag time. The OMEN Desktop is upgradeable with tool-less access to the hardware to allow gamers to crank up gaming power with customisability.
The OMEN Desktop features the new OMEN logo on its signature vertical design with a brushed-metal chassis and HP LED Lighting that reacts to performance levels depending on customization by the gamer.
The 15,6-inch diagonal OMEN Laptop (pictured here) is currently available in retail for R36 999.00.