Arbor Networks, the security division of NETSCONetScoutUT, has introduced version 2.2 of Arbor Networks Spectrum, to the African region.
Arbor Spectrum v2.2 is a high performance network traffic analysis platform integrating Netflow, packet and threat intelligence data for real-time and retrospective investigation of advanced threats.
“Network Traffic Analysis is a growing area of investment for enterprise security teams because of its rapid ROI when compared to endpoint and sandbox solutions,” says Robert Westervelt, research manager: information security at IDC. “In fact, an IDC survey of more than 1,000 IT decision makers found that network traffic analysis security ranked the highest among large and very large organisations, with 42% of respondents citing it as a top initiative.
“CISOs consistently tell IDC that gaining visibility and full situational awareness about the organisation’s security posture at all times is a significant challenge but paramount to detecting threats and containing threats as quickly as possible.”
ATLAS Global Threat Intelligence
ATLAS is a collaborative platform with more than 330 service provider customers sharing traffic and threat data, giving Arbor visibility into approximately one-third of all Internet traffic. Arbor’s Security Engineering & Response Team (ASERT) utilises a combination of ATLAS information, in-depth malware research and data from real-time botnet activity monitoring to understand current threats.
ASERT knows when an attack is launched immediately, and what data the attackers are receiving back, enabling Arbor to provide much needed risk context.
New in Arbor Spectrum v2.2
Arbor Spectrum v2.2 now includes a virtualised offering for cost effective, rapid installation of network traffic analysis wherever needed within the network.
Additionally, Spectrum now has enhanced retrospective analysis of network traffic through a new high performance traffic archive search capability, allowing users to identify threats from months of network data, providing rich detail about the when, where and how a threat entered and moved within the network.
* High performance traffic archive and powerful search capabilities provide complete, real time visibility into current and historic network activity at less cost than traditional security forensics or network traffic analysis solutions.
* Retrospective analysis of network traffic based on new threat indicators.
* Support for third party intelligence use in STIX formats.
* User identity and Active Directory data incorporated into Dossier workflows to identify and track movement of individuals within the network, augmenting the detailed view of network conversations between hosts and connection points of interest with user identity data.
* New options for deploying Spectrum in virtualised environments.
“By virtualising Arbor Spectrum, we make it much easier for enterprises to deploy network traffic analysis wherever they need it, enabling them to monitor and protect their most critical assets more completely and cost-effectively. Arbor Spectrum is helping customers reduce the risk to their business by giving them the visibility and context they need to reach conclusions that matter more quickly,” says Darren Anstee, chief security technologist at Arbor Networks.