Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has announced Hitachi Content Intelligence, an addition to its trusted Hitachi Content Portfolio (HCP), making it the industry ” s only object storage portfolio with search and analytics capabilities.
The new intelligence solution rounds out the HCP portfolio, which already offers a seamlessly integrated cloud-file gateway and enterprise file sync and sharing, and continues to improves organisations ” ability to strategically manage data. More than 1700 customers have already adopted HCP as a key component in their digital transformation journey.
With Hitachi Content Intelligence, these customers can transform data into relevant business information and deliver it to the right people, when it matters most.
Hitachi Content Intelligence addresses the challenges of exploring and discovering relevant, valuable and factual information across the growing number of data producers and siloed repositories that plague organisations today. By aggregating multistructured data, Hitachi Content Intelligence enables insights to be surfaced faster, data management and governance to be more complete, and to understand the distribution of organisational data based on its value to the business.
With Hitachi Content Intelligence organisations can:
* Improve employee productivity and efficiency by creating a standard and consistent enterprise search process across the entire IT environment.
* Empower all levels of the organisation with a self-service and intuitive out-of-the-box data exploration experience that includes support for detailed queries and ad hoc natural language searches.
* Discover new insights faster through automated extraction, classification, enrichment and categorisation of all of their data.
* Minimise business risk and exposure from data that is inaccessible, dark, or has been lost, while improving the operational effectiveness of the business.
* Optimise existing infrastructure by identifying infrequently accessed data and automate its relocation to a lower-cost object storage tier.
Key features of Hitachi Content Intelligence include:
* Centralises organisational data and transforms it into valuable and relevant business information.
* Connects to and aggregates multistructured data across heterogeneous data silos and different locations.
* Offers flexible deployment options that include physical, virtual, or hosted (public or private cloud).
* Handles high degrees of scalability and availability with support for distributed and dynamic cluster sizes that can burst to more than 10 000 instances.
* Maintains data sensitivity safely and securely by ensuring that only authorised users have access to specified results with integrations to authentication services, document-level security controls, and granular access policies.
* Delivers personalised and self-service results that are tailored to the individual user or group that accesses the data.
* Includes extensibility with published application programming interfaces that support customised data connections, transformation stages, or building new applications.
* Deploys with an intuitive workflow designer, administration tools, and a guided data exploration and search application.
With Hitachi Content Intelligence, organisations can now connect to and aggregate data silos, transform, and enrich the data as it ” s processed, and provide analytics across all the data stored on the platform — making it the industry ” s only object storage portfolio with seamlessly integrated cloud gateway, file sync and share, and data search and analytics capabilities.