A South African retailer is looking for a highly talented Android Mobile Developer to join their team in Cape Town, be part of the mobile team and building the best mobile experience for our clients.
Help shape the mobile eCommerce landscape in South Africa and work on apps that are consistently in the top 5 of their respective category in the app store, with thousands of active daily users.
– Help design, develop and refine new features
– Locate and resolve bugs and crashes
– Brainstorm new ideas and concepts
– Work with teammates on design, code reviews, and estimation
We expect you to:
– Be accountable
– Pride in your work.
– Position reports to the Mobile Engineering Team Lead.
– 3-year computer science degree (or equivalent)
– At least 2 years of professional experience in native Android (preferably using Android Studio)
– Strong Computer Science and programming fundamentals
– Full understanding of the Android application and activity lifecycles
– Experience with Fragments.
– Appreciation of Android-specific asynchronous processing techniques.
– Knowledge of strategies to handle issues related to platform fragmentation, differing screen sizes, and multiple OS versions.
– Experience working with unit test frameworks (Easymock, Mockito, Roboelectric, etc)
– Experience with network requests to RESTful APIs using best practice and well-known libraries (volley, restkit, etc)
– Knowledge and Appreciation of Android user experience design patterns.
– Experience developing eCommerce apps for retail
– Experience working with software development tools including Git, Jira, and Confluence.
– Experience with writing UI Automation scripts using Appium
– Any iOS native development experience
– employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the same ambition.
– We work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.