Oracle has released new versions of all of its application suites in a massive global launch.
The company's “Applications Unlimited” event was held on six continents through a 24-hour period, and was the launchpad for enhancements to Oracle's five major product lines: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12; Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Release 9.0; Siebel CRM 8.0; JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12; and JD Edwards World A9.1.
“Today is an important day, as we release five significantly enhanced product families," says Charles Phillips, president of Oracle. "These releases are proof that Oracle is delivering on its strategy to protect and extend customers’ current investments in Oracle’s leading horizontal, specialty and industry suites.
"Additionally, with the “Applications Unlimited” program, Oracle is providing best-in-class infrastructure technology that delivers next-generation capabilities today, and we are giving our customers the choice as to when they upgrade without having to re-license their applications. This is a first in the software industry."
Oracle works closely with a variety of customer groups, including its CIO Council, Customer Advisory Boards, Industry and Product Strategy Councils, Early Customer Adoption Programs and extensive User Group Communities to understand customer requirements and prioritise new functionality. The feedback received from these user communities has resulted in significantly updated new releases.
* Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (the global business release): In the latest version of the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle has released 18 new products and 2443 new enhancements to help global businesses think globally for better decision-making, work globally to be more competitive and manage globally to lower cost and increase performance.
* PeopleSoft Enterprise Release 9.0 (the extended value release): Oracle also unveiled the latest product to be delivered as part of the PeopleSoft Enterprise 9 – the flagship PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Capital Management (HCM) 9.0. PeopleSoft Enterprise Release 9 contains 2 new products and 1478 enhancements. The new release of PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM delivers enterprise-wide talent management capabilities and, like the other applications in PeopleSoft Enterprise 9, leverages Oracle Fusion Middleware to give customers a comprehensive, standards-based platform to address the challenges of disparate technologies and applications.
* Siebel CRM 8 (transformational CRM): The new release of the Siebel CRM suite offers ten new products and 366 enhancements that extend Oracle’s investment in industry-specific CRM and enable companies to propel business growth through customer-driven business transformation. The new release accelerates user adoption, enhances business responsiveness and delivers increased value to the enterprise with a new task-based user interface, enterprise search capabilities, SOA-enabled CRM and embedded intelligence driving real-time insight at the moment of customer interaction.
* JD Edwards World A9.1 (the renaissance release): The first major release of JD Edwards World in ten years, this new version offers 4 new products and 1297 enhancements that provide customers with compliance support, operational excellence, technology improvements and capabilities for global operations.
* JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 (the continued innovation release): Delivered in the spring of 2006, the latest release of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne delivered 5 new products, including a new Operational Sourcing and three new modules for the food and beverage industry, as well as 291 enhancements.
Oracle is also delivering the components such as automated upgrade scripts, extensive product documentation, an extensive, trained, partner ecosystem and a variety of end user education courses.
A key component of the Applications Unlimited strategy is allowing customers to leverage next-generation technology within their current investments through integration and certification with Oracle’s database and Oracle Fusion Middleware technology. The new releases of Oracle Applications provide role-based analytics, comprehensive application management, integration, search, master data management, and XML-based reporting capabilities.