Oracle has created Oracle Communications, a new business unit that brings together a portfolio of software for service providers, that will enable them to leverage convergent services.
Oracle Communications integrates industry-specific applications (acquired from Portal Software and MetaSolv) with the capabilities of Oracle Applications, Oracle Service Delivery Platform (SDP) (a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware) and Oracle Database.
With support for next-generation mobile, broadband and IP services, Oracle Communications offers integrated concept-to-cash products that will help service providers gain a time-to-market advantage.
Operators will be able to leverage Oracle's software portfolio to deliver targeted products and services and provide an applications and technology infrastructure to support new communications services from concept creation and realtime customer insight, campaign management and execution, service design and fulfilment, and billing and revenue management.
“Progressive communications service providers are seeking greater value from their software technology partners as they look to deploy next-generation services,” says Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice-president and Gm at the Oracle Communications Global Business Unit.
Oracle Communications will help communications service providers to:
* Build brand loyalty – providing a single customer view and allowing service providers to improve the customer experience by creating, selling and servicing a portfolio of innovative, targeted offers.;
* Rapidly deliver converged services – accelerating the creation, sale, fulfillment, delivery and billing of convergent and bundled services, as well as reducing the related total cost of ownership. Oracle also empowers service providers to move beyond traditional services to deliver rich media content to multiple channels;
* Modernise infrastructures– leveraging integrated, open, standards-based software to move to a flexible, services-oriented, real-time based IT and communications network architecture;
* Streamline business processes – easing regulatory compliance and optimising financial and administrative processes to improve business efficiency and reduce costs; and
* Provide enhanced business intelligence – enhancing corporate and business insight and agility to target the right opportunities to maximise revenues and increase operational efficiency.