Music group EMI plans to sell songs, without anti-copying technology, through Apple's iTunes. 

An announcement, which is expected later today, could pave the way to eliminating restrictions that prevent unauthorised duplication of digital music.
Earlier this year, Jobs called on the world's four major record companies to scrap digital rights management (DRM) and to start selling songs online without copy protection software.
At the time, he pointed that there appeared to be little benefit for record companies to sell more than 90% of their music without DRM on CDs, while encubering the remaining 10% with DRM.