McAfee has announced a virtual machine trial of the McAfee Secure Internet Gateway appliance. The free 30-day software trial is designed to help mid-sized businesses evaluate McAfee Secure Internet Gateway, an integrated web and e-mail security appliance that helps businesses defend their networks from spam, viruses, spyware and malicious websites.
"For the first time, customers can try a spam-filtering appliance through the down-loading of a virtual software file, to see how it performs relative to their current anti-spam solution," says Chris van Niekerk, regional director: Africa at McAfee. "We're giving customers the opportunity to experience the benefits of McAfee Secure Internet Gateway on their own server, before making an investment in an appliance."
The VMware trial has the same features and effectiveness of the physical Secure Internet Gateway appliance. Users can quickly and easily add the software to a server that is already up and running in the production environment, to conduct the evaluation without setting up a separate appliance. The McAfee Secure Internet Gateway provides the following benefits:
* Comprehensive threat protection – single appliance defends against both web and e-mail threats, stops spam, phishing, viruses, spyware and malicious websites.
* Superior security – Secure Internet Gateway finds and blocks 98% spam, including hard-to-detect image spam and includes McAfee's anti-virus and anti-spyware technology.
* Safe surfing – McAfee SiteAdvisor is built-in to help monitor, warn or proactively stop users from visiting websites that harbour spyware, phishing scams or spamming agents.
* Increased cost savings – McAfee provides enterprise-class security at an affordable, flat-rate price with inexpensive renewals.
* Improved security visibility and reaction time – McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator allows users to centrally and efficiently manage their gateway, desktop and mail server protections.
Technical support is available during the 30-day trial to qualified customers who are actively engaged in evaluating McAfee Secure Internet Gateway.