eTranzact, a leading multi-channel payment platform and mobile payment technology provider, has signed up as lead sponsor of the Third African Banking Technology Conference at the Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, over 6-7 May. The event is being hosted by AITEC Africa.
The theme of the conference is “Competing in a Borderless World”.
Announcing his company’s support for the event, Mr Valentine Obi, CEO of eTranzact, says: “This conference represents an opportunity for Nigeria’s booming financial sector to assess latest technologies, both local and international, that will help increase productivity and profitability and improve clients’ service. We are pleased to be associated with an event that is going to provide world-class briefings for the sector’s decision-makers.”
XL Management Services, a leading supplier of staffing, outsourcing and money management services to the financial sector, has announced its co-sponsorship of the event.
Speakers and topics confirmed for the conference so far include:
* Deon van Heerden, VP MEA Sales & SA Country Manager, Clickatell, South Africa: The mobile device as next generation channel for banks: A case study;
* Barry Coetzee, MD, Iveri, South Africa: The frontiers of payment technologies;
* Jean Moncrieff, CEO, Emerge Africa, South Africa: Effective business process management for banks;
* Martin Orji, Managing Director, Nex-Rubica, UK: Setting up a trading, risk management and middle office infrastructure within an investment banking environment;
* James Massey, GM, BPC Banking Technologies MEA, Russia: The effect of mergers and acquisitions on banking systems;
* Macauley Atasie, CEO, Nextzon, Nigeria: Latest developments in card technology in Nigeria;
* Bernard Matthewman, CEO, Paynet, Kenya: Are e-banking channels delivering on their promise for all stakeholders?
* Jim Baird, Managing Director, ATM Africa International, South Africa: The changing face of self-service in Africa;
* Mark O’Flynn, Director – Africa & ME, VeriFone EMEA, UK: The direction of electronic payments;
* Estevao Tokata, Director, Africa, First Data, South Africa: Prepaid and debit acceptance within the African region;
* Girisch Nair, Group Chief Executive, Technology Associates Group, UAE: Collaborative payment solutions assisting in banking the underbanked – proven successes in the East African card payments industry;
* Shaun Campbell, Business Development Manager, Upaid, UK: What is the future landscape of Banking the Unbanked? and
* Sam Kamiti, GM Alternate Business Channels, Equity Bank Limited, Kenya: Leveraging on alternative business channels to deliver financial services 24/7 cost-effectively and advance the frontier.
The event will also include an exhibition to showcase latest banking technology products and services.