A meeting of the most committed minds in business, with the aim of assisting the government and Eskom to combat the energy crisis effectively, is scheduled for next month.
The summit is aimed at creating viable solutions to assist Eskom and all stakeholders to quickly minimise the impact of the current power challenges. Initiated by Topco Media, the summit will seek to cement private/public partnerships, to help manage this emergency now and in the future.
Delegates will work out how to implement long-term, cost effective and sustainable energy efficiency strategies, while mindful of environmental and safety compliancy aspects.
Speakers include: Barry Bredenkamp, operations manager of National Energy Efficiency Association; Silus Zimu, CEO of City Power; Bill Lacy of SACCI; Sarah Leach of Cape Town Partnership; Jeannot Boussougouth, energy power systems analyst at Frost & Sullivan SA; and Dawie Roodt, economist at Efficiency Group.
Topics to be discussed include:
* Cost of energy versus cost of not having energy versus the cost/benefits of being energy efficient;
* How can we fast track the energy regime?
* The energy infrastructure development plan;
* How has load shedding impacted business trade;
* What assistance can be provided in turning around this crisis?
* Green with energy: trading energy from renewable resources, generating more power, meeting government targets, the status of the existing market, how to create a market for green power trading and the challenges of funding of the renewable energy project;
* South Africa Electricity Conundrum: which mitigating strategies?
* Financing Energy Projects: how current interest rates are affecting energy finance and what are the future predictions?
* IPP's: what is their role, now and in the future; and
* Identify key challenges in executing Power Projects, and how to overcome these obstacles.
The summit will be held on 23 and 24 April in Johannesburg.