HP has announced a broad expansion of its imaging and printing portfolio for large businesses. The company’s latest offerings help enterprises manage, secure and simplify their imaging and printing environments and improve workflows to reduce costs and enhance productivity.
The new offerings include six HP LaserJet printers, an enterprise-class scanner for document capture, three access control printing solutions, four printing services and an accreditation, certification and test program for HP’s software solution development partners.
The new HP Access Control Printing Solutions are designed to help mitigate security and compliance risks, prevent fraud, protect data privacy and enhance device fleet management. The solutions include:
* The HP Access Control Secure Printing Solution delivers enhanced print security through authentication, authorization and auditing to track printer usage by device and user. It includes a breadth of authentication options ranging from network log-in to card-based capabilities.
* The HP Access Control Secure Pull Printing Solution helps mitigate security and compliance risks and reduces paper waste by allowing print jobs to be encrypted and stored until the authorized user is ready to retrieve and print.
* The HP Access Control Job Accounting Solution is able to track detailed print, scan, copy and email usage by device, user, department or cost center. It accounts for print jobs effectively and aids in forecasting, internal billing and cost recovery.
Customers using the six new HP LaserJet devices can improve their adherence to security and compliance regulations in addition to increasing productivity. The product rollout includes:
* The HP Color LaserJet CM6040/6030 multifunction printer series (MFP) is HP’s top-of-the-line color laser MFP designed to maximize office workgroup productivity with a feature-rich package that includes A3 printing, advanced finishing options, robust security and the HP Easy Select Control Panel.
* The HP LaserJet P4510 Printer series is HP’s fastest single-function black-and-white laser printer. A new monochrome toner formulation enables lightning-fast print speeds of up to 62 ppm.
* The HP Color LaserJet CP6015 Printer series, HP’s most powerful, productive and cost-effective color printer series to date, is designed for general office needs as well as the creation of exceptional color collateral with ColorSphere toner. The series provides the versatility of A3-size printing and supports the widest range of media.
* The HP LaserJet P4015/4014 is a value-packed, single-function black-and-white printer with security capabilities that include private printing options. The devices ensure fast, secure performance across the network.
* The HP LaserJet M9040/9050 MFP, designed for demanding departments of 30 to 50 users, improves business processes with high-volume, cost-effective printing with copying and digital sending from the HP Easy Select Control Panel.
In addition, HP expanded its document capture portfolio by introducing the HP Scanjet N9120 Document Flatbed Scanner. As HP’s first dedicated enterprise departmental-class scanner, the fast A3 flatbed scanner offers 50 ppm and versatile paper handling with an automatic document feeder. The HP Scanjet N9120 easily integrates with HP Web Jetadmin print management software and includes Kofax Virtual ReScan Professional.
The company also announced enhancements to its low-melt toner formulation which reduces energy consumption. The toner, available with the new HP LaserJet P4015/4014, is designed to melt at lower temperatures, yet deliver print quality consistency at faster print speeds. As a result, it requires 15% less energy to reach fusing temperature – enabling a 10% to 15% improvement in printing system energy consumption per page.
The four new services HP introduced help customers identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of their imaging and printing infrastructure and workflows.
The four assessment services include:
* The HP Industry Benchmark Assessment evaluates the health of an organization’s output environment, allowing comparisons between a company’s estimated imaging and printing environment against a series of specific industry benchmarks.
* The HP Optimization Assessment provides expert advice on how an organization can establish, control and manage its output environment. It provides cost recommendations for a future state fleet design and longer term strategies.
* The HP Managed Environment Assessment measures printing impact on a business and provides a holistic and clearly defined picture of the potential savings and improvements by engaging HP Managed Print Services.
* HP Workflow Discovery is a customized workflow analysis designed to streamline and improve business processes.