Microsoft is planning to reshape the webcam experience with the LifeCam VX-5000, a webcam with a unique bendable attachment base that molds to virtually any surface from a notebook to a desktop so users can take it anywhere.
For personalised flair, the LifeCam VX-5000 features a brightly colored ring around the front of the webcam in the colors Cool Blue, Lucky Green and Fire Red, allowing consumers to choose their favorite to suit their style. To complement the fresh, new look, the LifeCam VX-5000 features Windows Live, a special feature that lets consumers share digital photos in midvideo conversation and see real-time reactions as both callers view the pictures.
“With the LifeCam VX-5000 we are changing the perception of webcams from boring and bulky to fun and flexible,” says Dorothy Prinsloo, product marketing manager for the hardware division at Microsoft. “We designed this LifeCam to match the experience its technology delivers – it’s all about fun and letting consumers share their personalities.”
Microsoft is also offering the LifeCam VX-500 and the LifeChat LX-2000 — two affordable products, each with a unique, compact design. The LifeCam VX-500 is a versatile webcam designed to fit on notebooks and desktop PCs. The LifeChat LX-2000 is a full-size headset that folds down into a small, portable shape. Both are perfect products for consumers on the go.
Digital camera owners have on average more than 1 200 photos stored on their computers, and Photo Swap helps bring the pictures to life as a virtual photo album. Using Windows Live Messenger, consumers easily can share pictures from summer vacations or holiday gatherings. The best part is with Photo Swap they can see and hear the reaction of their friends and family – whether across town or across the country – and feel like they are sitting right next to each other.
The VX-5000 comes with Windows Live optimisations and the latest version of LifeCam software, making it easier than ever for users to experience a great video call. Key features and benefits include the following:
* Windows Live Call Button, located on top of the LifeCam, allows users to open their Contact Picker (a tool showing which contacts are currently online) with one touch, so they can quickly initiate video calls to friends and family.
* LifeCam Dashboard incorporates full LifeCam navigational controls (pan, tilt, zoom, face tracking and Video Effects) within the Windows Live Messenger interface, enabling a seamless and easy navigating experience.
* World-class VGA optics with a VGA sensor, 640×480 video resolution and 1.3-megapixel still photography (interpolated) offer high picture quality.
* Built-in unidirectional microphone with acoustic noise cancellation delivers crystal-clear audio.
* Pan, tilt and 3X digital zoom features allow users to adjust the image to see more clearly.
Microsoft continues to bring friends and family together with the additional announcement of two affordable products made to enhance the computing experience: the LifeCam VX-500 and LifeChat LX-2000. With true VGA video, the LifeCam VX-500 enhances the webcam experience with brilliant video quality, and its compact design allows for easy mobility — working seamlessly with both notebooks and desktop PCs.
The LifeChat LX-2000 delivers comfort as a portable, full-size headset that is perfect for music, gaming, online chatting and more. The unique collapsible design allows the headset to fold into a compact shape for easy portability — just throw it into the carrying case and go. Both the LifeCam VX-500 and the LifeChat LX-2000 can be easily used with major instant messaging programs, and the setup is quicker than ever, with no software needed.