Ensure the impact of your company's name for promotions and giveaways by printing it on chewing gum packages that stick around long after the flavour disappears. Cater to those who travel frequently with travel guides customised for specific cities and regions. These are just two ways digital print technology is transforming the world.
Xerox and its customers are currently showing off at drupa in Dusseldorf 50 such ways for print providers to make money with these applications. Xerox is demonstrating a wide variety of digital print applications at its stand that illustrate how customers are using digital technology to grow pages and profits.
Some of the high-value applications that are driving the greatest opportunities in digital production are being displayed, including books and manuals, personalised collateral, transpromo pieces, direct marketing, and hybrid offset and digital applications.
Also featured are innovative business applications that have emerged as new growth opportunities for digital printing, such as packaging and photo specialty products including personalised photo books and calendars.
"Applications are the language of our customers," says Keith Knott, divisional manager production systems group at Bytes Document Solutions, authorised distributor of Xerox products and solutions to 24 African countries.
"Print providers of all sizes are creating some amazing applications with Xerox technology. Visitors to our stand at drupa are finding inspiration in these best practices and learning how to adopt these solutions with their own customers and prospects."
drupa attendees are learning how to produce these solutions at Xerox conversation stations by talking to both Xerox specialists and the customers creating the applications. They are receiving collateral that highlights each of the applications, including the Xerox and partner workflow and technology that was used to produce it.
Real-life applications on display include:
* Books and manuals: Series of popular local travel guides with book blocks printed on the Xerox Nuvera 288 Digital Perfecting System, colour inserts printed on the Xerox iGen3 110 Digital Production Press, and covers produced on the Heidelberg Speedmaster SM 52;
* Collateral: Catalogues produced for Vaillancourt Folk Art for their hand-painted, collectable chalkware figures, produced on a new Xerox digital colour system being announced at the show;
* Transpromo: Personalised letters produced on the Xerox iGen3 110 Digital Production Press and developed for telecommunications company debitel AG to improve customer relationships while increasing revenue through the cross-selling of other products and services;
* Direct marketing: Postcards printed on the Xerox DocuColor 5000 Digital Press for Polish Pottery to differentiate its colourful products and help to generate store traffic;
* Offset and digital: Hybrid production of books for the German-Dutch company Shaker Verlag printed on Xerox 650/1300 Continuous Feed Printers with offset covers; and
* New business: Personalised packaging for chewing gum produced for Personal Media Solutions b.v. using a Xerox iGen3 110 Digital Production Press.
Print providers receive support from Xerox's ProfitAccelerator Digital Business Resources collection to help create, produce and sell digital applications to quickly develop or grow their digital printing business.