HP has announced the availability of the HP 2133 Mini-Note PC across Europe and the Middle East, delivering on the promise of an affordable mobile computing solution that is flexible enough for use from the classroom to the office.
Weighing in at just 1.27 kg, with a large 8.9-inch WXGA display, the HP 2133 Mini-Note PC features a durable design with a robust suite of wireless, multimedia and security capabilities to allow users to stay productive.
“Response to the initial Mini-Note launch in the UK in April has been phenomenal,” says Charl Snyman, vice-president and GM: Commercial Products, Personal Systems Group, HP EMEA. “Availability in thirteen additional countries across Europe and the Middle East will help us build on that success and deliver a new class of products for HP that addresses the education as well as the mobile business PC market.”
Business and mobile professionals value the same mobility, usability and cost concerns of the education market. The HP 2133 Mini-Note PC provides mobile professionals a sleek, lightweight device that provides access to information, the ability to collaborate with others, as well as communicate via e-mail, IM, or even blogging. It boosts productivity and improves the overall mobile experience.
The HP 2133 Mini-Note PC is packed with an impressive combination of features, including the following:
* A full-function PC with great mobility;
* Simple, refined design and anodized aluminum shell that is sleek and sturdy yet lightweight;
* HP DuraKeys, featuring a clear coating applied over the notebook keyboard that protects the finish and the printed characters;
* Powered by VIA C7-M ULV processor technology;
* HP 3D DriveGuard which sends a signal to protect the hard drive against sudden movement or shock, thanks to its three-axis digital accelerometer chip;
* Durability features including scratch resistant display and magnesium hinge bracket;
* A large 8.9-inch WXGA display, 92% of full-size user-friendly full keyboard (QWERTY), and touchpad;
* Ability to view video, still-image capture, web conferencing, or video-enhanced instant messaging with no additional hardware to buy or carry. The integrated VGA WebCam enables video and still-image capture to allow the addition of photos and video clips to presentations, documents and email;
* Two battery solutions – three-cell for lightest-weight configurations with up to two hours and fifteen minutes of battery life or six-cell for up to four hours and thirty minutes of battery life;
* Wireless technologies such as integrated WiFi Certified WLAN and optional Bluetooth, allowing access the Internet as well as communicate via email, IM, chat, VoIP and blogging. The wireless technologies also enable connections at hotspots as well as with Bluetooth devices such as printers, mice and headsets; and
* Choice of operating system configurations including Genuine Windows Vista Business or Novell SuSE Linux.