Holton & Associates has launched Serif's PagePlus X3, a desktop publishing package that offers a host of additional features.
PagePlus X3 is Vista-certified and includes graphic design tools, professionally-produced business templates, flexible layout capabilities, full PDF editing and versatile commercial output.
Gary Bates, MD of Serif, comments: "In out 21st year of business, we have continued to work hard to stay in touch with current developments and to outpace our competitors with incredible creative publishing solutions – and PagePlus X3 really stands out from the crowd.
"In-house graphic design continues to become more popular in todays business market, and design enthusiasts everywhere can benefit from PagePlus X3's very rounded design feature set, high levels of compatibility and unrivalled value for money."
New PagePlus features include:
* Logo Studio: This makes it easy to create and edit professional logos in isolation, away from the rest of the page layout, but with full access to all of PagePlus's drawing and text effects. Logo Studio offers stunning templates with drawing tools and powerful effects. It also offers quick tips, instant presets and full help – and users can export logos to other applications.
* Cutout Studio: This allows users to quickly and easily remove photo subjects from their backgrounds, automatically feather edges and accurately crop outlines. This feature is powerful but easy to use.
* New special effects: PagePlus X3 offers a style gallery and fully-customisable effects for headlines, logos and images.
* Duplex Printing Wizard: Users can print double-sided on regular desktop printers.
* Enhanced usability: The easy interface offers total layout freedom, plus handy help and printable tutorials.
* PDF support: Create, import, edit and export PDFs, and even save to PDF/X-1a format, which is specially designed to act as the digital master for professional printing.