HP today announced new services that enable customers to realise the full potential and benefits of their virtualisation projects.
Virtualisation can provide several benefits, including increased business agility, lowered costs and reduced risk of downtime. When properly implemented, virtualisation becomes a strategic enabler for data centre transformation.
The new services include HP Virtualisation Accelerator Services, HP Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Services supporting Citrix XenDesktop, and HP Virtualisation Support Services. These services help customers deploy virtualisation broadly into their technology environments. They also provide ongoing operations and support.
"Customers worldwide are deploying virtualisation for more than cost savings and efficiency – they are also using it to reduce energy consumption, increase flexibility and reduce or eliminate downtime," says Zanaid Juma Technology Solutions Group, Consulting and integration Country Manager, HP.
"HP's virtualisation services combined with years of experience enables customers to rapidly and successfully implement virtualisation across the enterprise to immediately achieve these benefits."
HP Virtualisation Accelerator Services
The HP Virtualisation Accelerator Services are predefined, fixed-price consulting services for planning, designing and implementing virtualisation initiatives. Using a "productised" approach simplifies the buying process, reduces costs and shortens deployment time, enabling customers to realise a faster return on their virtualisation investments.
These services enable HP consultants to deliver virtualisation projects incrementally as part of a larger data centre virtualisation strategy, design or transition service. Customers can combine multiple services and build upon them to meet their specific business requirements. In addition, organisations can quickly achieve desired results and rapidly expand their data centre virtualisation initiatives. The HP Virtualisation Accelerator Services include:
* HP Virtual Server Environment (VSE) Solution – Project management, planning, configuration and knowledge transfer for the HP VSE suite.
* HP High Performance Computing (HPC) Cluster Management Solution Service – Planning, configuration, validation and knowledge transfer for Unix-based HPC clusters, including installation of cluster management software packages such as XC, CMU, Insight Control Linux Edition, Scali and ClusterPack.
* HP Global Work Load Manager Solution Service – Planning, configuration, validation and knowledge transfer for Microsoft Windows Compute Cluster Server.
* HP Integrity/HP 9000 Solution Service – Project management, planning, configuration and knowledge transfer for HP Integrity and HP 9000 servers.
* HP Server Solution Project Management Service – Management for server-related projects, including upgrades, deployments, migrations and consolidations.
* HP Virtual Server Solution Planning and Design Service – Analysis, virtualised infrastructure design, projected cost savings and deployment roadmap for customers considering VSE, Microsoft, VMware and/or blade technologies.
* HP Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Solution Service – Transformation of client infrastructure providing simplified technology management with increased security, lower cost of ownership and flexibility to adapt to changing business requirements.
HP Virtualised Desktop Infrastructure Services supporting Citrix XenDesktop
HP VDI Services supporting Citrix XenDesktop assess the need for and business value of a virtualised desktop environment as well as provide planning, design and implementation capabilities. The HP VDI is an end-to-end solution consisting of thin clients, workstation blades, remote graphics, virtualisation and management software, servers and storage.
HP has the expertise to bring together the desktop, virtualisation, data centre and partners to reduce the complexity of data centre virtualisation. HP VDI Services enable customers to implement the right solution for a smooth, rapid transition to desktop virtualisation.
Customers can choose between Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, HP Blade PCs and HP BladeWorkstations as the foundation for VDI while still providing security, manageability and user experience with Citrix XenDesktop.
HP VDI services supporting Citrix XenDesktop include:
* VDI Planning Services – Discovery, business assessment, roadmap and design.
* VDI Quick Start Service -Discovery workshop, roadmap and proof of concept.
* VDI Implementation Services – Solution design, solution proof of concept, migration planning and implementation services.
HP also introduced software technical support and update services for Citrix XenDesktop VDI. These services provide efficient, ongoing operations, which frees up staff to focus on business innovation.
HP Virtualisation Support Services
Survey results HP released today cited lack of training and experience as a top barrier to implementing successful virtualisation projects. HP fills that resource gap with new education courses and support services, providing virtualisation expertise for technology teams. These services further expand HP's broad portfolio of services for the entire virtualisation lifecycle, including continual service improvement.
HP Virtualisation Support Services tap more than a decade of HP experience for smooth transition and ongoing management of new technology, reducing the risk of unplanned downtime. The services provide consistent, top-quality support for Citrix, Microsoft, Novell, Red Hat, VMware and HP products.
"Customers can simplify technology operations with HP's standard worldwide processes for supporting multi-vendor physical and virtual assets," says Juma. "Resources that would have been required to support many different virtualisation products are now available for business growth projects."
The HP Virtualisation Support Services include:
* HP Education Courses for a range of HP virtualisation software products, including an HP-UX Virtualisation Tools Boot Camp demonstrating systems and workload management.
* Hardware support for the new HP ProLiant BL495c virtualisation blade.
* Technical Support Services for VMware Workstation, VMware Lab Manager, VMware Stage Manager, VMware Lifecycle Manager and VMware Site Recovery Manager software, and Microsoft server virtualisation software such as Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, Microsoft Hyper-V Server and Microsoft System Centre products.
* Technical Support Services for HP VDI with Citrix XenDesktop.