On 19 August Canon shipped its 100-millionth digital compact camera. To celebrate this highlight, the company has lauched a limited edition red version of the Digital Ixus 980 IS. Only 6 000 of the cameras will be produced for Europe, Africa and Middle East.
Next to its exclusivity and striking design, the limited edition red 980 IS offers a first for Digital IXUS: a manual mode that allows control of shutter speed and aperture. This is ideal for unusual lighting situations or artistic shots. A 14.7 Megapixel resolution gives you the detail for massive, poster-size prints.
In addition, Canon's latest DIGIC 4 processor powers features like Face Detection and Motion Detection Technology – so taking stunning photos becomes easy for everyone.
Canon launched its first digital compact camera in 1996. Over 100 Canon digital compact cameras and numerous innovations preceded the limited edition red Digital IXUS 980 IS.
With 100-million Canon compact cameras, photographers captured around 360-billion magical moments. The top three of most popular objects of photography includes people, nature and wildlife and informal events.
Key features of the Digital IXUS 980 IS include:
* Eye-catching, stylish 14.7 Megapixel Digital IXUS in red, black or silver;
* 3.7x optical zoom with optical Image Stabilizer;
* The first Digital IXUS with Manual control;
* DIGIC 4 for superb image quality and fast responsiveness;
* Great shots in all situations with Face Detection, FaceSelf-timer, Red-Eye Correction, Motion Detection Technology, Servo AF and i-Contrast.