If you feel like an adrenalin fuelled weekend full of fun, intrigue, adventure and skop skiet en donner, then rAge is without doubt the place to be.
This year, visitors can look forward to new game and product launches, competitions, prize giveaways, and amazing show specials. The annual rAge Expo is looking to be a weekend extravaganza set to whet the appetite of anyone from Sandton yuppies looking for the latest in gadgets, to avid gamers interested in everything from the hottest games to taking part in the many competitions happening throughout the weekend.
rAge, which will take place in Johannesburg from 3 to 5 October at the Coca-Cola Dome in Northgate, is back for the sixth year in a row, and is in a league of its own as South Africa's coolest interactive technology and gaming expo. Ticket prices are R40.00 per person per day, or R60.00 for a weekend pass.
At rAge this year you can expect to find the following thrilling games, competitions, launches and lots lots more.
* Intel South Africa is the headline sponsor for the South African qualifier of DreamHack – an internationally renowned competition which will take place at rAge. Gamers will have to battle it out against each other in a Call of Duty 4 spectacular like never before, set to test the skills of even the most talented gamers. Intel will also be launching the Intel Soccer Challenge 2008 – South Africa's first ever online soccer game which is sure to intrigue soccer and gaming fans alike.
* To gamers, the World Cyber Games is considered to be the Olympics of gaming events, and this year rAge will play host to the South African final of the competition, with the Grand Final event set to take place in Cologne Germany between the 5th and 9th of November 2008. 30 players will compete against each other on Saturday the 4th of October for the ultimate prize -a once in a lifetime opportunity to compete against the worlds best in Germany at the end of the year.
* Visitors can look forward to experiencing innovation like never before at the HP Experience stand. Pioneering new products such as the Touchsmart, a computer which allows you to interact with the computer screen through the use of touch technology, and Voodoo, a genuine power gaming machine, will all be on display and for sale at the stand – normally only exclusively available from the HP Experience store in Sandton.
* Megarom will be bringing two international developers from both the Far Cry 2 development team as well as the End War Team, who will be talking to the public at rAge at scheduled intervals throughout the weekend. Visitors can also look forward to a Guitar Hero III competition running on the Megarom Interactive, MTN Loaded and Xbox 360 stage.
* Gadget geeks, action fanatics and would-be-babe magnets will be the focus of Coke Zero at this years rAge with their From Zero to Hero Competition. Visitors stand a chance to win spectacular prizes including four Coke Zero FMX bikes, four PS3 consoles, PS3 games and hundreds of thousands of rands worth of Sony products.
* Become the life of the party this year and keep your friends entertained for hours on end with the new games on offer from Xbox 360. Look forward to exciting new games such as Lips – where your living room transforms into your stage, and You're in the Movies – the first and only game of its kind to literally transport friends and family into the magical world of cinema.
* CTT Computers will have technology freaks watering at the mouth this year when they showcase the first ever Microsoft Home Server available to South Africans. Not only will this operating system be for sale at the expo, but one lucky visitor will win one of these truly brilliant operating systems.