HP has announced the HP Adaptive Infrastructure in a Box for Midsize Businesses, which enables businesses with 100 to 999 employees to lower technology costs, increase operational efficiency and reduce unplanned downtime.
The HP Adaptive Infrastructure in a Box for Midsize Businesses is a suite of products and services encompassing servers, storage, management, automation, power and cooling technologies, virtualisation, and security. It also utilises the HP BladeSystem portfolio and Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
"With this solution, midsize businesses can upgrade their entire technology environment without costly downtime impacting their ability to do business," says Andrew Fletcher, business critical systems manager: Enterprise Storage and Servers, HP SA. "Midsize businesses wrestle with the need for robust and efficient infrastructure. HP specifically engineered this solution to offer midsize customers affordable access to market-leading hardware and software, without the need for specialised staff or long lead times."
Adaptive Infrastructure in a Box for Midsize Businesses is:
* Simple: Minimises the burden on IT administrators. The solution eliminates the need for specialised skills through automated infrastructure deployment and easy administration.
* Affordable: Reduces the total cost of a technology infrastructure by as much as 31% over a conventional infrastructure by lowering acquisition and administration costs. The solution also provides highly efficient use of technology assets, staff and energy resources.
* Reliable: Reduces unplanned downtime with optimised backup and recovery, improved security for server environment, system management and network access as well as enhanced data encryption.
* Versatile: Provides flexibility to change as needs evolve with the industry's broadest set of components customised to midsize needs. Offerings include the HP BladeSystem c-Class portfolio of servers, storage, networking, management software, enclosures, and power and cooling technology.
* Designed with environment in mind: Reduces required resources by eliminating multiple physical assets and delivering an energy-efficient design.
The Adaptive Infrastructure in a Box for Midsize Businesses is based on the compact HP BladeSystem c3000 Enclosure. Other key technology components designed for midsize environments include the HP ProLiant BL260c, the industry's most power-efficient and affordable two-processor server blade, as well as the HP StorageWorks All-in-One SB600c Storage Blade, which provides file serving (NAS), shared storage array (iSCSI SAN) and data protection functions under a simple management umbrella.