Ernst & Young has announced the finalists in the Best and Emerging categories of the South African chapter of the World Entrepreneur Awards Programme, which is co-sponsored by First National Bank.
Those competing for this prestigious award in the Best Entrepreneur category include:
* Andy Bertulis – First Tech Group;
* James Blakemore – Zest Electric Motors;
* Nicos Criticos – Chester Wholesale Meats;
* Rick Jackson – Sanyati Holdings; and
* Warne Rippon – Steelrode.
The finalists in the Emerging Entrepreneur category include:
* Howard Blake – Blake & Associates;
* Jenna Clifford – Jenna Clifford Designs;
* Justin and David Letschert – Union-Swiss;
* Mike Naidoo – Just on Cosmetics;
* Renee Silverstone – Jupiter Drawing Room; and
* Andries van Heerden – Afrimat.
"This year, our finalists bring to the table a wealth of entrepreneurial experience and enthusiasm, which is truly inspiring," says Zanele Xaba, director of entrepreneurial initiatives at Ernst & Young. "The quality of our candidates that enter the World Entrepreneur Awards Programme is an indication of the immense talent that South Africa has to offer. Deciding on the finalists for each category becomes a greater challenge each year."
The Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Awards celebrate entrepreneurs who are building and leading successful, dynamic businesses. The World Entrepreneur Awards culminate in an annual gala banquet in Monte Carlo in June each year, where winning entrepreneurs in the Best category from over 42 countries around the world compete for one of the most coveted global business awards.