Lenovo has announced the ThinkCentre A62, one of the most cost effective and stable ThinkCentre PCs ever.
The A62 is among the most environmentally friendly desktops on the market, and comes with such features as Dash 1.1, a highly touted remote management system and express repair, which allows the system to rapidly fix many system corruptions. ThinkCentre A62 is Lenovo's latest PC offering in a summer 2008 blitz aimed at helping businesses with cost effective computing solutions.
"IT departments, especially in the business world, don't like change," says Rashid Wally, country GM: South Africa atLenovo. "The new ThinkCentre A62 was built to provide business customers with longer PC buying cycles. It combines top-notch performance, manageability and environmental responsibility in a high value machine."
The ThinkCentre A62 desktop comes equipped with:
* 15 months stability – Lenovo is committed to providing stability to the business community by deploying AMD's stable, business class CPU.
* Dash 1.1- An optional, cost effective and easy-to-use tool that allows the user to remotely manage, boot, audit and update the system.
* Lenovo ThinkVantage Technologies – A comprehensive set of productivity and manageability tools that lowers the total cost of ownership, and frees up IT staff to focus on more critical IT issues.
* Express Repair – A TVT component that can fix many system corruptions in less than three minutes without disturbing data or applications.
* Environmental certifications – The system is GREENGUARD and EPEAT Gold certified, ENERGY STAR 4.0 rated, and as an option has the computer industry's only "green" fingerprint keyboard2 made of 35 percent post consumer recycled material.
* Reduced energy costs – The A62 uses up to 40% less electricity than its ThinkCentre predecessor due to the efficiency of the new AMD 15w CPU Athlon 2650e, which is available on select models.
On select models, graphics performance is enhanced by ATI Hybrid CrossFireXT4, along with optional support for DisplayPort5 and DirectX10 Onboard. The A62 is backed by Lenovo's award-winning service and support, with a base one or three year warranty depending on the model purchased.