McAfee has delivered a comprehensive secure virtualisation solution, McAfee Total Protection for Virtualization. The new solution extends security across virtual and physical environments and sets a new standard for securing virtual machines.
Virtualisation gives organisations the ability to consolidate servers to share physical resources including processors, memory and disk space. Companies are quickly adopting virtualisation to increase infrastructure utilisation, reduce hardware cost, improve operational efficiencies and simplify deployment. McAfee provides customised protection for virtual environments including online and offline virtual machines, so that enterprises can safely benefit from the full potential of virtualisation technology.
"Over the next five years, more than half of server workloads will be virtualised, but awareness of server virtualisation risks remains low," says Jayson O'Reilly, regional director: Africa (acting) of McAfee.
"Security must be incorporated into virtual systems from their inception – not addressed later as an afterthought."
McAfee is the first to offer the most complete and scalable security solution available, spanning physical and virtual servers, desktops and networks. McAfee Total Protection for Virtualization delivers:
* Stronger protection – comprehensive, layered protection for all virtual machines against malware, rootkits, spyware, bots, spam, zero-day threats, vulnerabilities, data loss, data exposure and more.
* Lower costs – single management console and automatic updates reduce time and resources required for secure virtualisation management for improved operational efficiencies.
* Simplified compliance – automated compliance reports and integration with McAfee and third-party compliance tools enable better compliance for virtual environments.
McAfee Total Protection for Virtualization is a comprehensive virtualised server security suite that includes the following core components:
* McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux
* Continuous on-access scanning for superior protection from viruses, worms and other malicious code.
* McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Offline Virtual Images – first and only security solution to scan, clean, and update offline virtual machines without bringing them online.
* McAfee AntiSpyware Enterprise – on-access scanning to identify, proactively block, and safely eliminate spyware and other potentially unwanted programs.
* McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention for server – combines signature and behavioural IPS protection, firewall, and application control to stop known and zero-day attacks.
* McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator – centralised management console is the only integrated security and risk management platform for both physical and virtual environments.