South African companies and individuals showed their mettle in this week's Contact Centre World Awards.com, with no fewer than three Gold and two Silver medals coming home.
The winners from the 2008 African Stars BPO Awards took part in the international competition in the UK and showed that South African business process outsourcing (BPO) is up there with with best in the world.
South African winners include:
* Best Community Service Award – Kelly (Gold)
* Best OutSource Partner – The Institute of Performance Technology (Gold);
* Best Supervisor – Zainool Abedeen Bux of Rewardsco Contact Centres (Gold);
* Best Recruitment Partner – Kelly (Silver);
* Best Leader – Kirsty Tulk of Liberty Life (Silver);
* Best Contact Centre Support Professional: IT – Sagren Naidoo of Direct Channel Holdings (runner-up).
The Gold winners from this leg of the competition now move on to the Global Awards in Las Vegas.