AMD has announced the AMD 785G chipset. Designed to be at the core of mainstream PCs for Windows 7, it features ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics technology, DirectX 10.1 gaming, and multi-core processing.
PC platforms with the new AMD 785G chipset strike a balance between performance, features and stability to help users take full advantage of Windows 7.
Ther new platform includes the following features:
* DirectX 10.1 support for the latest games;
* UVD2 for accelerated, GPU-enabled decoding;
* It is the first AMD chipset with ATI Stream technology for amazingly fast video transcoding and application performance;
* Advanced technology to keep your PC running cool and quiet;
* The latest support for HDMI 1.3 and DisplayPort;
* SidePort Memory support for DDR3/DDR2 performance cache;
* Hard disk performance improvements with RAID support; and
* Broad partner availability.