Xerox has launched its DocuColor 8002 digital colour press which offers customers consistently high image quality and maximum productivity.
The press is for shops and in-house facilities producing promotional materials, collateral, direct marketing, and photo publishing applications.
“InfoTrends, the research company, states that 50% of the total worldwide page volume printed by high speed, cut-sheet digital production colour printers with duty cycles exceeding 300 000 A4 impressions per month is done on Xerox equipment,” says Paul Haglich, marketing manager of the production systems group at Bytes Document Solutions, authorised Xerox distributor to 24 sub-Saharan countries. “Clearly Xerox has the formula right and it has improved it with this new model and the features it offers users.”
Key features include:
* New low gloss toner, which produces a smooth matte finish;
* Automated colour workflow, giving print providers higher levels of productivity;
* In-line spectrophotometer, which measures test patches that provide data on the press’ performance according to Xerox’s Automated Color Quality Suite (ACQS). ACQS automates previously manual tasks such as system calibration and spot colour matching; and
* Expanded in-line finishing options including the GBC eBinder 200, Xerox Tape Binder and CPBourg Document Finisher.
The in-line spectrophotometer and ACQS are now standard with every press and are compatible with all digital front ends, including EFI, Creo and the Xerox FreeFlow Print Server. The choice of servers, low gloss toner, and full ACQS capabilities make the DocuColor 8002 the strongest product offering in its class.
DocuColor’s traditional and third-party finishing alternatives are available on the new presses along with the following in-line finishing options:
* GBC eBinder 200 – Creates 360 degree wrap around lay-flat booklets by delivering stack, punch and bind functionality, all in one in-line device, saving time by eliminating manual operator involvement. The eBinder uses durable, self-adjusting polyester bind elements producing professional final products such as calendars and flip presentations that hold up to 100 sheets.
* Xerox Tape Binder – Produces tape-bound books in-line ranging from 15 to 125, A4 uncoated sheets using a thermal adhesive tape to securely bind pages, creating professional documents with a strong flexible bind.
* CPBourg Document Finisher – Allows for the low-cost, professional production of booklets with in-line folding, saddle stitching, face trimming and stacking. The CPBourg Bleed Crease module also offers bleed trimming and channel scoring capabilities.
The DC8002 digital press, with rated speed of 80-ppm, can also produce two-sided prints at rated speed on all weights and sizes up to 300 gsm, allowing operators to quickly run simple jobs on common stocks or complex jobs on heavyweight stocks. Print service providers can choose from the Xerox FreeFlow Print Server, Xerox EX Print Server powered by Fiery, or the Xerox CX Print Server powered by Creo to best fit the workflow requirements of their shop.
As with all Xerox digital presses, the DocuColor 8002 integrates with the FreeFlow Digital Workflow collection of products that help customers conduct business around the clock, reduce costs through automation and support new applications. Xerox also provides business development support with more than 100 ProfitAccelerator tools and resources, as well as New Business of Printing services designed to grow digital printing business.