SecureData Security, part of JSE-listed SecureData Holdings and the sub-Saharan distributor for Check Point Software Technologies, today announced the latter’s Windows 7 Microsoft operating system support for Check Point Endpoint Security, the first and only single agent that combines all the critical components for total security on the endpoint.
Businesses with a mixed environment of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 based desktops and laptops gain through Endpoint Security a single, common centrally managed solution.
Check Point Endpoint Security provides businesses comprehensive endpoint security with over 10 integrated security capabilities, and is the only solution to include unique, pre-emptive browser security through Check Point WebCheck, remote access virtual private network (VPN) client and Full Disk Encryption. Endpoint Security's single install and integrated patching and updating process benefits administrators by reducing deployment cost and complexity while increasing management efficiency.
With a single agent, update, scan, and interface Endpoint Security simplifies the end-user experience by decreasing the number of security applications on the client and eliminating multiple logins, updates and patches.
"In less than four years businesses will have seen three different Microsoft operating systems," commented Ben Khoushy, vice president of endpoint security at Check Point. "Rather than install a common platform, businesses will likely operate with a mixture of the three different operating system (OS) types. Check Point Endpoint Security offers customers one solution that addresses the unique threat concerns of each OS. Policy for all endpoints can be managed from a single console, greatly improving overall endpoint security as well as administrator effectiveness."
Additional features and benefits of Check Point Endpoint Security include:
* Check Point WebCheck uses patented browser virtualisation technology to protect enterprise endpoints from Web-based threats
* Check Point OneCheck provides one easy login to Windows and all endpoint security functions for a secure and simple user experience
* VPN enables secure remote access to corporate resources by encrypting and authenticating data transmitted during remote access sessions. New VPN Auto-connect capability maintains connectivity while roaming between LAN, WiFi and GPRS networks and automatically configures the VPN connection
* Media Encryption and Port Control secures sensitive corporate data and protects from incoming malware by encrypting removable media such as USB storage devices, CDs and DVDs, and by controlling activity (read, write and execute) on ports and devices
* Full Disk Encryption provides the highest level of data security for data stored on laptops and desktops through a combination of pre-boot authentication and strong encryption algorithms
* Award-winning firewall blocks unwanted traffic, prevents malware from infecting endpoint systems and makes computers invisible to hackers
* Program Control with Program Advisor ensures only legitimate and approved programs are allowed to run on the endpoint
* Anti-malware detects and removes viruses, spyware, keystroke loggers, Trojans, rootkits and other malware based on a combination of signatures, behaviour blockers, and heuristic analysis
* Network Access Control (NAC) enforces a comprehensive NAC policy controlling access to corporate networks and ensuring that each endpoint is current with the latest antivirus, critical patches, service packs, and applications such as browsers and VPN agents
* Central Management provides central configuration, policy administration, reporting, and analysis of endpoint security
"Check Point Endpoint Security provides businesses a simple and secure, comprehensive solution to protect against the different threats directed at the endpoint," concluded Khoushy.