Drive Control Corporation (DCC) is now distributing Western Digital's (WD) TV Live HD media player featuring network capability and Full-HD (high definition) 1080p resolution.
The new WD TV Live HD media player makes it easy for anyone to play HD videos stored on USB and network drives, as well as Internet content from popular Web sites, and on the biggest screen in their home — their HD television. Building on the success of the WD TV HD media player, the WD TV Live HD media player offers a new, more responsive interface to help consumers enjoy a world of digital content in their living room, without a computer.
The network capability of the WD TV Live media player enables users to stream or transfer movies from PC or Mac computers or a network-attached storage device to their HD TVs. The WD TV Live media player also allows users to stream rich content from YouTube, Flickr and Pandora. The HD onscreen menu brings together all of the users' available media in an elegant and simple-to-navigate interface.
"Consumers are amassing large libraries of digital videos, photos and music on their computers. But consumers' digital content is often relegated to the relatively small screen on their PC or Mac computers. The WD TV Live HD media player is the newest member in the family of WD TV media players by WD, which makes moving digital content from a computer to playing it on a big screen TV simply plug-and-play," says Vassen Naicker, WD product specialist at DCC.
The WD TV Live media player connects directly to a users' HD TV and plays almost any file stored on a connected USB drive. Additionally, the WD TV Live media player will play movies and photos stored on other popular USB devices such as digital camcorders and digital cameras.
"The new WD TV Live media player offers consumers a simple way to enjoy all of their digital media on their HD TVs with the included remote control and easy to navigate menus" adds Naicker.
Additional features of the WD TV Live HD Media Player include:
* Unlimited media collection, just add more USB drives for more space;
* Two USB ports for seamless media playback from multiple USB drives and ability to access them simultaneously while a media library feature collects the content on all the drives into one list sorted by media type;
* Transfer files by copying, moving or deleting files stored on a USB drive, a network drive, camcorder, or a camera to the attached USB drive using the on-screen menus;
* Picture Transfer Protocol support to show photos and movies directly from digital camera or video camera and or any digital imaging device that supports Picture Transfer Protocol;
* Advanced navigation options including thumbnail and list views, media library and search;
* Photo viewing to create custom slide shows, zoom and pan and search;
* Movie viewing with fast-forward, rewind, pause, zoom and pan, view subtitles, and search;
* Music playback with fast-forward, rewind, pause, shuffle, repeat and search;
* File copying between USB devices; and
* Ultra-compact design to fit easily into a home entertainment centre.