A number of surprising winners have made it into the 2009 South African E-Commerce Awards winners lists.
After successful nominations and voting rounds Jump.co.za has calculated the votes and is excited to announce the winners of the 2009 South African E-Commerce Awards. More than 50 000 votes were cast, which is more than five times as many as in 2008.
This year’s awards were conducted in the same way as the previous years’ by first giving the public the opportunity to nominate their favourite South African Online stores in 20 different categories. Jump.co.za then took the list of nominees and published a short list giving the public and a panel of Judges the opportunity to cast their votes.
The votes were split 49% from the public and 51% from the judges. The judges this year were Matthew Buckland, Eric Edelstein, Amanda Forsythe, Vincent Maher and Justin Stanford.
The 2009 South African E-commerce Awards winners are:
* Best Auction Website – Bid or Buy (http://www.bidorbuy.co.za);
* Best Automotive Website – Autotrader (http://www.autotrader.co.za);
* Best Clothing and Accessories store – Springleap (http://www.springleap.co.za);
* Best Computer Store – eDreams (http://www.edreams.co.za);
* Best Electronics Store – Digital Addiction (http://www.digitaladdiction.co.za);
* Best Flower and Gift Store – NetFlorist (http://www.netflorist.co.za);
* Best Food and Wine Store – Woolworths (http://www.woolworths.co.za);
* Best Game Store – Kalahari.net (http://www.kalahari.net);
* Best Health and Beauty Store – Kalahari.net (http://www.kalahari.net);
* Best Home and Garden Store – Kalahari.net (http://www.kalahari.net);
* Best Jewelry and Watches Store – Wantitall (http://www.wantitall.co.za);
* Best Kids and Baby Store – Reggies (http://www.reggies.co.za);
* Best Music and Movie Store – Look & Listen (http://www.lookandlisten.co.za);
* Best Online Bookstore – Kalahari.net (http://www.kalahari.net);
* Best Photographic Store – SA Camera (http://www.sacamera.co.za);
* Best Property Website – Property24 (http://www.property24.co.za);
* Best Sports and Outdoor Store – iWarehouse (http://www.iwarehouse.com);
* Best Travel Booking Website – Kulula (http://www.kulula.co.za);
* Best E-Commerce Enabler – Bid or Buy (http://www.bidorbuy.co.za); and
* Best E-Commerce Website – Kalahari.net (http://www.kalahari.net).
Kalahari.net won the most awards, at five.
According to Jaco Roux, MD of Jump.co.za: “These were the most successful awards we have had yet and we are very excited that these awards help the upliftment of E-Commerce in South Africa.”